- Provides excellent quality food and beverage service to all Guests attending Dining Rooms, Lido Buffet and/or any other area as instructed by the Dining Room management.
- Ensures that Guests are familiar with his/her name and the name of his/her assistant and what their duties are, including wine service.
- Must be able to address dinner Guests assigned to his/her station by their family name by the second day of the cruise.
- Provides assistance to Guests with menu explanation and wine suggestions.
- Takes orders and ensures that food and/or wine/beverage is served no later than the appetizer and that food is delivered as ordered by the Passengers and at the correct temperature.
- Ensures that table setting is in accordance to the instructions given by the Head Waiter, with clean, well-pressed linen, spotless glassware and china, and the proper well polished silverware.
- Ensures that each table in the station has fresh flowers, full salt/pepper shakers and the correct table number.
- Ensures that USPH rules are followed throughout the service in the Dining Room and/or any other area assigned to him/her.
- Responsible for the appropriate handling of all equipment and supplies within his/her area of responsibility to minimize breakage, loss and theft. Maintains an adequate inventory of materials necessary to provide an excellent level of service.
- Responsible for the Assistant's behavior during the service and for the training and explanation of menus and wine suggestions.
- Promptly reports all issues related to food and beverage service to the Head Waiter and/or Maitre d' Hotel.
- Responsible for the Guest's satisfaction in food and beverage service.
- Responsible for maximizing revenue and maintaining a very high profile at all times.
- Must be familiar with wines recommended on the menu.
- Responsible for withdrawing the wine list from the table to indicate that the order is taken.
- Assist with any and all other services as requested by the Head Waiter or Maitre d' Hotel, including side duties of cleaning and maintenance.
- Catering/Hotel School
- Good knowledge of food, wine and beverage service
- Previous Food and Beverage experience
- Excellent grooming standards
- Usage of P.O.S. system
- Good social skills
- Ability of furthering his/her knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure and stress Experience in quality establishments and good knowledge of English are essential.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The recruiter advertising this job can accept applicants only from Western Europe and Central Europe for this position.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship or in a 4/5* Hotel.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.