At Royal Caribbean International, we believe that great vacations begin with great employees! As a leader in the cruise line industry, RCI is continuously expanding and seeking dynamic, energetic, experienced professionals to join our team. With our innovative, award-winning fleet of ships visiting five continents, each offering adventurous ways to explore the globe, this is a great opportunity to let your career set sail.
We are currently searching for Broadcast Technicians to join our team! This position has a six month onboard contract. Successful candidates will be considered for regular Broadcast Technician assignments based on their successful performance.
We are looking for experienced Broadcast Techs with a minimum of 3 years television broadcast or production experience in producing, directing, shooting and editing.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Reads television-programming log to ascertain program to be recorded or program to be aired on RCTV closed circuit television. Ensures all graphics reflect the current marketing strategy and Gold Anchor Standards.
- Selects pre-approved source, such as movies, satellite or local television stations, from which program will be recorded or transmitted, and selects videotaping equipment on which program will be recorded.
- Observes quality control monitor to verify that station is on-air. Monitors television system to ensure all channels are operating appropriately within specifications and correct programming is being televised.
- Maintains equipment and ensures proper function. Cleans videotape path to remove contaminants that would affect quality of recording or playback of videotaping equipment.
- Observes scales in video and color monitors and operates controls to adjust video and color levels. Assures video and audio levels are within appropriate range as to not cause distortion over television system.
- Wires audio and video patch bays (socketed equipment that allows for transfer of audio and video signals between different pieces of equipment, via cables).
- Maintains inventory and maintenance of all video equipment in the Cruise Director Division, including broadcast room, theatre, cinema and conference room.
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Minimum of 3 years television broadcast or television production experience required.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in broadcasting, technical field preferred.
- Ability to edit on both linear and non-linear production systems in multiple formats such as Beta SP, Beta SX, SVHS, MPEG, etc required.
- Knowledge of broadcast, video productions and technical television operation production. This includes producing, directing, shooting and editing of feature length, short formats, commercial and documentary style programming.
- Knowledge of basic computer operations in the areas of live TV directing, call and switch live multiple camera programs, TV programming, scheduling and traffic.
- Knowledge of satellite uplink and downlink procedures, as well as signal tracking while at sea preferred.
- Ability to operate Macintosh and Windows computer platforms and familiar with AVID required and a variety of Adobe products such a PhotoShop, After Affects, Illustrator, Premier preferred.
- All shipboard employees must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation, including the participation in life-saving procedures and drills
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly and distinctly
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain a C1/D1 visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
- Accommodation Jobs (48)
- Beauty Jobs (22)
- Casino Jobs (8)
- Child Care Jobs (13)
- Deck & Engine Jobs (78)
- Entertainment Jobs (52)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (254)
- IT Jobs (11)
- Land Based Jobs (80)
- Management Jobs (21)
- Medical Jobs (10)
- Office Jobs (32)
- Photography Jobs (5)
- Retail Jobs (15)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (13)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (8)
- Other Jobs (48)
- Jobs on Yachts (108)