Celebrity Cruises is looking for inspired global professionals who believe in success through commitment and pride to join our expanding family. As an industry leader in service and innovation, we provide a working environment that fosters career growth and development for our onboard team members. With a fleet of innovative cruise ships, each offering guests a premium vacation experience, there are almost countless opportunities to join us at sea.
We are currently searching for Sommeliers to join our team.
This is a chance to provide and promote excellent wine service to our valued guests, and deliver a "taste of luxury." This exciting position will also contribute to improving and maintaining wine sales and cost effectiveness. Potential candidates are required to have at least five years of beverage-related experience in a four or five star hotel, resort or cruise ship.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Interacts with guests to provide wine service, as well as bar service if needed, and will discuss and suggest information and wine/food pairings to guests who have inquiries or seek advice
- Applies salesmanship techniques for maximum revenues, and must be able to attain reasonable sales target
- Responsible for attending meetings and working closely with management to provide sales information, report guests' queries or suggestions, and discuss achievements and measures for improvement.
- Minimum of five years experience as a Cook Tournant/Sous Chef in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise ship or convention banqueting service (shipboard experience preferred.
- Minimum of five years beverage-related experience (shipboard experience preferred), or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
- Ability to analyze and interpret documents such as recipes and manuals.
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly and distinctly
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D1 visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable.
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required
- Accommodation Jobs (48)
- Beauty Jobs (22)
- Casino Jobs (8)
- Child Care Jobs (13)
- Deck & Engine Jobs (78)
- Entertainment Jobs (51)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (257)
- IT Jobs (11)
- Land Based Jobs (80)
- Management Jobs (22)
- Medical Jobs (10)
- Office Jobs (32)
- Photography Jobs (5)
- Retail Jobs (15)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (13)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (8)
- Other Jobs (48)
- Jobs on Yachts (108)