Our client is a popular and quality Cruise Liner company who provide a variety of memorable cruises. They are currently looking for a Fleet training Officer to join their successful team.
They are looking for someone to provide a comprehensive range of onboard health & Safety training across all departments, ranks and disciplines. This will be specified by the annual health and safety training plan and will include: induction; occupational health and safety; IMO regulations; ISM Code; SOLAS; MARPOL and other legislative and operational performance requirements within the Cruise Ship Fleet. Provision of training is to ensure that all officers and crew remain certified in line with CUK’s training compliance requirements and comply with the directives listed in Fleet Instructions.
Provide general shipboard training as required.
Activities and responsibilities:
- Deliver a range of health and safety training programmes and learning interventions to ensure the effective implementation of the company’s training plan. Conduct this training as required onboard vessels.
- Produce training reports and summaries as required.
- Conduct training follow up visits to ships and monitoring progress of students
- Produce training materials and contribute to the production of training content as tasked by the Fleet Training Manager.
- Process/training improvement and identify areas where efficiency can be improved across the operation.
- Liaise with the Ship management team to agree additional ship priorities and deliver on board training to cater for operational performance needs.
- Liaison with external departments as required to assist with training and development of training material as directed by the Fleet Training Manager.
- Maintaining training records within the training database (electronic and paper) and provide reports as required by the Head of Fleet Training/Fleet Training Manager.
- Maintain a database of Key Learning Points from drills and daily operations and utilise to plan and review drills.
- When not at sea producing updates of training materials and assisting as required with development of training courses and supporting documentation. Tasking will be via the Fleet Training Manager.
Special Requirements (Equipment Used, External Contacts etc):
STCW 95 or equivalent basic certification in Fire Fighting (Basic & Advanced), Personal Survival, Elementary First Aid, Crisis Management and Human Behaviour, Crowd Management are essential and a Fire Fighting Command & Control Course would be desirable.
Other Features of Job (travel, hours of work, working conditions etc):
Normal working hours as required by departments at sea (remain compliant with legislation under ILO 180 regulations)Must be able to travel at sea for up to 8 months of the year for training purposes.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (49)
- Beauty Jobs (24)
- Casino Jobs (7)
- Child Care Jobs (14)
- Deck & Engine Jobs (76)
- Entertainment Jobs (49)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (253)
- IT Jobs (11)
- Land Based Jobs (78)
- Management Jobs (22)
- Medical Jobs (7)
- Office Jobs (31)
- Photography Jobs (4)
- Retail Jobs (15)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (13)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (8)
- Other Jobs (47)
- Jobs on Yachts (108)