Staff Engineer - Urgent!
Country/Locale: Cruise Ship
- Reporting to Chief Engineer you will be responsible for coordinating all crew in the engine department
- You must be qualified and ready to relieve the Chief Engineer at any time, if necessary.
- You are the "Senior" officer responsible to the Chief Engineer for the efficiency and maintenance of all ship's machinery, systems and equipment.
- You will assist the Safety Officer with particular regard to safety standards in the engine rooms.
- You ensure that spares and consumables inventories are updated.
- You co-operate with the Chief Engineer for planning of maintenance and repair works within and outside the engine room.
- You are responsible for prevention of accidents and the safety of the machinery department personnel. To this end you closely follow the instructions and procedures established by this manual and the company's procedures; for this you are appointed as responsible for Accident Prevention within the machinery department.
- You are the Officer responsible for the management of work permits within the engine room while work permits necessary for work to be carried out outside the engine room under the responsibility of the External Engineer (Hotel Engineer).
- You collaborate with the Safety Officer for maintenance of the efficiency of all the safety systems (rescue, fire-fighting etc.) and of all the safety equipment within the engine room.
- You arrange in conjunction with the Safety Officer the general and partial emergency drills, in particular those referred to fire fighting.
- You put into effect the instructions of the Chief Engineer, train and direct the machinery department personnel, Officers included, and looks after your department's archive and keeps it updated.
- You prepare monthly reports to be handed to the Chief Engineer.
- fluency in English in both reading and writing
- Certified as Chief Engineer on ships powered by main propulsion power of 3000 KW or more (unlimited) (regulation III/2 of STCW 95 convention)
- An in-depth knowledge of of 2-stroke (Sulzer) and 4-stroke marine engines (Wartsila), both operating and overhauling diesel engines, generators, electric and support system such as boilers, fuel centrifuges, air compressors, pumps, hydraulics, hotel systems, plumbing, refrigeration, heating and air conditioning.
- Good communicational skills also with other nationalities;
- Computer literate in Amos D or Infoship, Word / Excel and lotus notes e-mail;
- Flexibility, an analytic mindset, enthusiasm, stress resistant;
Rotation: 4 months on / 2 months off
Good benefits on board
- Accommodation Jobs (49)
- Beauty Jobs (24)
- Casino Jobs (9)
- Child Care Jobs (14)
- Deck & Engine Jobs (78)
- Entertainment Jobs (53)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (253)
- IT Jobs (12)
- Land Based Jobs (82)
- Management Jobs (22)
- Medical Jobs (9)
- Office Jobs (31)
- Photography Jobs (5)
- Retail Jobs (15)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (14)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (8)
- Other Jobs (48)
- Jobs on Yachts (108)