Celebrity Cruises is looking for inspired global professionals who believe in success through commitment and pride to join our expanding family. As an industry leader in service and innovation, we provide a working environment that fosters career growth and development for our onboard team members. With a fleet of innovative cruise ships, each offering guests a premium vacation experience, there are almost countless opportunities to join us at sea.
Celebrity Cruises currently requires Head Waitersto join our team. Head Waiters assists the Restaurant Manager in the supervision of the Restaurant personnel ensuring total guest satisfaction regarding food quality and service in accordance with company policies. In addition to other requirements, potential candidates should have minimum of five years hospitality management experience (shipboard experience preferred), or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Individual will be responsible and held accountable for the Casual Dining Area and Buffet service in general.
- Directs, coaches, supports, supervises and evaluates (in conjunction with the restaurant Manager) the performance of all direct reports.
- Visits every table of his/her Casual Dining area on daily basis, ensuring guests are totally satisfied with the food and service.
- Notifies the Restaurant Manager of any demanding guests in the Casual Dining Area and/or Buffet related areas.
- Ensures that the Restaurant personnel follow company policies at all times regarding uniforms, personal appearance and hygiene.
- Minimum of five to eight years hospitality management experience (shipboard experience preferred), or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field or the international equivalent preferred.
- Very strong communication, problem solving, decision making, interpersonal and overall management skills in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
- Possess a good understanding of basic accounting principles such as numbering flow, "Debits/Credits", adjusting entries and corrections.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety desktop publishing software packages
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests. Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, German, Italian or Portuguese preferred.
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D1 visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.
- Accommodation Jobs (48)
- Beauty Jobs (22)
- Casino Jobs (5)
- Child Care Jobs (14)
- Deck & Engine Jobs (75)
- Entertainment Jobs (51)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (251)
- IT Jobs (7)
- Land Based Jobs (79)
- Management Jobs (19)
- Medical Jobs (9)
- Office Jobs (32)
- Photography Jobs (4)
- Retail Jobs (15)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (13)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (8)
- Other Jobs (44)
- Jobs on Yachts (108)