Mgr, Architectural Design
Great Vacations Begin With Great Employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, Fl. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
This Architectural Design leader will manage work for various newbuild, revitalization and refurbishment projects. They will provide guidance to a team of architects and designers for the successful execution of these projects. They will also serve as a conduit of information and intelligence from the corporation of the brand to the outside architects and design firms, ensuring the success of these groups.
- Ensures the design intent is apparent and credible, and that the voice of the Executive Steering Committee and Brand Think Tank is communicated clearly and consistently to all external architectural and design firms.
- Fosters an innovative, forward thinking, proactive, and collaborative environment as a role model that brings all disciplines together and creates favorable results. Displays a commitment to learning & growth of oneself and others.
- Develops team resources (people, processes, tools) to manage large scale projects. Embraces the value of the design guidelines & standards, CADD & drawing standards, and contract references.
- Independently plans, manages, guides design, and oversees projects, while cross coordinating and sharing best practices effectively between external architectural, interior design and consultancy firms, guiding the design they provide.
- Initiates and regularly attends meetings with sponsors (clients) as an active participant & obtains approval on design.
- Understands the business value of studies of statistical information. Analyzes and compares various ships and areas such as public vs. crew areas, outdoor decks vs. enclosed spaces, dining vs. entertainment spaces, etc., bringing forth observations, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Creates presentations and project reports as updates for Executive Management review.
- Possesses and instills cost consciousness in all aspects of work and throughout the team. Oversees and is accountable for cost complexity balancing, architectural & design fees, design administrative hours, expenses (travel, phones, supplies), and others. Oversees the cost control of signage, artwork, carpeting and loose furnishings.
- Effectively leads practicality reviews and is held accountable to ensure that operational, risk or accessibility concerns are being considered in all aspects of design.
- Monitors the effectiveness of execution supervision and yard quality control with foresight via site office architect coordinators / revite space managers. This includes shop drawing review process, participation in yard/contractor coordination meetings, mockup reviews, factory visits and inspections during newbuilding process and drydock period.
- Understands importance of growth, and maintaining sponsor/consultant/yard relationships with ability to negotiate critical and controversial issues, managing conflict effectively.
- Stays current in industry trends and innovation through research and market knowledge.
- Minimum 15 years design industry experience.
- Minimum of 5 years managing multi-million dollar projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Interior Design required.
- Hospitality design experience required.
- Must be a strong communicator with advanced capabilities in written, oral, and graphic media.
- Ability to travel internationally or domestically 25% of the time.
- Architecture degree
- Cruise ship newbuild or revitalization project management experience
Thank you for your interest in this role. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is the world's second largest cruise company, operating under Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises brands. These brands offer an array of onboard activities, services and amenities, including simulated surfing, swimming pools, sun decks, beauty salons, exercise and spa facilities, ice skating rinks, in-line skating, basketball courts, rock climbing walls, miniature golf courses, gaming facilities, lounges, bars, Las Vegas-style entertainment, cinemas and Royal Promenades, which include interior shopping, dining and an entertainment boulevard.
Join our team as Manager, Architectural Design. Once you click to apply below, it will take you 10-15 minutes to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you will hear back from us within the next 30-60 days. During this time, you can view your application status on our career site.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Job: Newbuild & Fleet Design
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Miami
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
- Accommodation Jobs (68)
- Beauty Jobs (27)
- Casino Jobs (9)
- Child Care Jobs (18)
- Deck & Engine Jobs (83)
- Entertainment Jobs (75)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (328)
- IT Jobs (3)
- Land Based Jobs (95)
- Management Jobs (32)
- Medical Jobs (8)
- Office Jobs (52)
- Photography Jobs (5)
- Retail Jobs (19)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (26)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (5)
- Other Jobs (48)
- Jobs on Yachts (300+)