A Sparkling Mandarin and Cantonese Speaking Captain's Host Role for A 5* Cruise Liner
Good day to you and I hope you are well. Happy Holidays to you!
Are you looking for a new exciting adventure for 2014... ? This could be just the ticket. Thanks for looking at this great role...
Role: Mandarin and Cantonese Speaking Captain's Hostess
Company: A 5* Cruise Liner
Website: On application
Salary: $2200US Tax Free per month worked (not paid in vacation time)
Berthing: Shared cabin / bunk bed with one other person
Contract: Rotations of 6 months on and 2 months off working 7 days a week whilst shipboard
Start date: Soon!
Flights: Provided by the host company both ways
Responsible: You are required to source, pass and pay for a cruise medical (£90UK) and a US C1D visa ($160US) for this role
JD: Full JD On application
You the Fabulous Candidate
You will speak fluent Cantonese and Mandarin languages... and also fluent English. You will be able to act as an ambassador for the cruise liner and act in an impeccable manner. Your demeanour and manner will be exemplary. You will be happy to put on a smart suit or fabulous frock to look a million dollars during the time you are hosting the shipboard guests. Your experience will be from a highly focussed customer and guest service background and you will really enjoy supporting the guests on-board. Working 7 days a week for circa 6 months this is a tough role and you will be a person whom enjoys working hard and being stretched in a job.
The Great Role Overview
To serve as the Company's representative of the Captain's Circle loyalty program while coordinating and administering loyalty benefits onboard, as well as providing feedback to the shoreside CRM department in order to provide excellent passenger service by exemplifying the Consummate Host.
- Provides an immediate positive first impression to our passengers and staff with a warm and welcoming greeting supported by:
- Maintains high visibility during published desk hours, socializing with passengers and answering inquiries as needed.
- Hosts and attends the Captain's Circle Parties, Most Travelled Passenger Luncheons, Welcome to the Events, and Exclusive Lounges.
- Addresses and acts upon all passenger inquiries regarding the onboard loyalty program.
- Ensures that the onboard loyalty program is managed to meet and exceed passenger's expectations.
- Responds promptly and effectively to passengers or staff when service needs have not been met. Closely monitors passenger reactions and feedback to the Captain's Circle program providing feedback to shoreside management.
- Provides a positive service experience by staying engaged through completion of service.
- Organizes the Most Traveled Passenger Luncheon or Cocktail Party -including preparation of invitations, venue planning and seating plans.
- Organizes the Captain's Circle Cocktail parties, including the number of parties held and the scheduling.
- Organizes other special Captain's Circle events as required.
- Oversees Platinum Disembarkation at the end of each voyage.
- Prepares and distributes list of all Cruises Captain's Circle Elite members to appropriate onboard staff.
- Prepares the Member Tracking Report and emails it to the shoreside management team upon completion of each voyage.
- Coordinates the distribution, printing and sorting of all printed Loyalty Program materials.
- Prints and distributes invitations to Captain's Circle events as appropriate.
- Monitors and maintains sufficient stocks of all membership collateral, alerting the Central Hotel Storekeeper / relevant shoreside parties before shortages might impact the delivery of the product.
- Verifies Cruises Captain's Circle membership records via the Siebel system.
- Promotes the cruise line product at every opportunity.
- Refers passengers to the Future Cruise Sales Program.
- Introduces the Onboard Sales Manager at Captain's Circle functions and provides a platform to initiate sales.Wishing you well.
- Monitors expenses and approves all chits pertaining to the Captain's Circle program to ensure they are within the established policy and procedure guidelines.
- Manages inventory levels within established guidelines
- Liaises closely with the Captain / Senior on-board leaders.
- Participates in regular conference calls with shoreside managers and ensures that all relevant information is passed on to shoreside managers in a timely fashion.
- Participates actively in all shoreside requests for special projects, trials, etc.
- Participates in onboard meetings as appropriate
If this really great opportunity is for you and you match the requested work history and background for the role, please send me your up to date and professional CV. Kindly ensure it has all of your contact details clearly listed with the correct telephone numbers on too!
I am here to help should you have any questions and I look forward to supporting your application. Should you need to contact me at any time, please feel free.
Phone Line: +44 (0) 1189 345 900
Mobile: +44 (0) 7 888 999 091
Email: hidden link - please login
Fax: +44 (0) 870 912 4292
Website: hidden link - please login
Good knowledge of the Chinese language is required.