Summary: The Chief Housekeeper is responsible for the overall cleanliness and maintenance of all guest rooms, public areas, offices, staff and crew facilities and laundry operations according to the 6 key principles that drive the guest experience culture.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work according to the 6 key principles: show well, the right delights, service wow, sails are up, destination engagement and magical moments.
- Deliver the highest possible quality of Housekeeping Services on board.
- Supports the Hotel Manager in ensuring superior and exceptional service to the guests.
- Directs, supervises and trains all subordinates in the performance of their duties in accordance with the quality standards set by the company.
- Responsible for every aspect of the Housekeeping Department and the smooth operation on the department.
- Has daily interaction with the guests and mingles with guests whenever possible.
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of cleaning procedures in accordance with USPH standards.
- Reports immediately any malfunctioning equipment and any damage around the yacht. Uses the AVO system.
- Prepares and approves issue requests and actively controls budgets.
- Is fully knowledgeable and strictly follows the Marine Hotel Directives and ensures their team does so as well.
- Responsible for reaching set COB targets as determined by the corporate office. The manager is responsible for justifications if targets are not met.
- Support performance management system and attend all mandatory onboard meetings.
- Performs and manages other duties as assigned.
- STCW 4th Part Basic Training
- Senior High School Graduate
- PSCRB Certificate
- Valid Seafarers Medical
- Must pass a security background check
- Latest experience must be within the past 2 years
- Strategic planner with sound technical skills, analytical ability, sound judgment and operational organization.
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to relate to guests and employees at all levels.
- Must have ability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a highly diverse environment and able to execute operational imperatives in a swift and demanding environment.
- Extensive knowledge of USPH and Sanitation protocols
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel to the yachts and extended stay up to 6 months on board is required. Regularly required to sit and stand. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision. Some stress may occur, especially during traveling periods and during periods of daily activities.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Housekeeping Jobs (55)
- Galley Jobs (125)
- Restaurant Jobs (47)
- Beverages Jobs (36)
- Provisions Jobs (10)
- Deck Jobs (33)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (49)
- Guest Services Jobs (43)
- Retail Jobs (21)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (28)
- Child Care Jobs (8)
- Entertainment Jobs (70)
- Photography Jobs (5)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (15)
- Medical Jobs (36)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (13)
- Casino Jobs (5)
- IT Jobs (8)
- Management Jobs (21)
- Administration Jobs (34)
- Land Based Jobs (18)
- Other Cruise Jobs (8)
- Private Estate Jobs (0)