Job Title: Chief Electrician
Reports to: Staff Chief Engineer
Costa Crociere looks for Chief Electricians for its brand Iberocruceros.
He is responsible for the electrical and electronic control and monitoring systems regulating the electrical/mechanical system aboard our cruise ships. Manages a team of electricians and electronics personnel. Operates, maintains, repairs and troubleshoots electrical/mechanical systems and controls regulating medium voltage variable frequency drives and auxiliary machinery. Particularly, he will be in charge of:
Electrical open deck systems (davits el. System of lifeboats and tenders, mooring and anchor vinches, swimming pool el. System, sauna, solarium)
Electr. Ships’s common system (CCTV, Elevators (Schindler, Mc Gregor), fire alarm system (Autronica), Theatre el. System, Galley el. System (Rational ovens, friers, pulpers, dish washing machines, laundry el. Washer, el. Drier, el. Ironer devices), Vingcard el. System, UPS el. System with belonging batteries, converter DC/AC generator el. System; lighting system
No main engine area el. System (Bow and stern thrusters, refrigeration and cold room, steering gear, switchboard system)
Main engine area el. System. Controls regulating medium voltage variable frequency drives and auxiliary machinery required to power, propel and navigate the vessel, including: motorized valves, telelevels, engines, generator sets, connected controllers and switchgear, and navigation systems as well as the vessel facilities’ lighting, air, signal, communications, and video monitoring system.
He is familiar with low voltage system, switchboards and telephone sets.
He is required to follow company safety and pollution prevention policies and procedures and will request supervisory guidance when necessary.
He is familiar with the ISM Code and its requirements and with all duties under the Costa’s Safety Management System including Emergency Response Activities
We are looking for applicants possessing the following qualifications:
- fluency in English in both reading and writing;
- Certified as electrical / electronics Officer in charge of an engineering watch other than second engineer officer on ships powered by main propulsion power of 750 kw propulsion power or more (unlimited) (as to regulation III/1 of STCW convention); always unlimited;
- A good knowledge of marine and automation systems automation systems (Valmarine automation system is a plus; ABB automation for vessels is appreciated) as well as the working of main engines and auxiliary machinery, electric and support system such as boilers, fuel centrifuges, air compressors, pumps, hydraulics, hotel systems, plumbing, refrigeration, heating and air conditioning;
- Good communicational skills also with other nationalities;
- Computer literate in Amos D or Infoship, Word / Excel and lotus notes e-mail;
- Flexibility, an analytic mindset, enthusiasm, stress resistant;
- Aged between 30 and 40
- Two to three years of similar experience on international cruise vessels or ro/ro ships;
- Previous experience as an electrician in shipyards or on board vessels is appreciated
- Valid SIRB and Passport
- Medically fit
- Courses: Basic safety training + Crowd and Crisis courses (code STCW V/3 par. 4,5,6,7,8), Proficiency in survival craft and rescue boat.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Costa Cruises is a leading Italian cruise line providing Italian style holidays for couples and families.
If you recognise yourself in the values that characterize the “Costa style”, if you left school with top grades or graduated with honours, if you think you can work well in a dynamic organization and you fluently speak a foreign language, send us your curriculum.