The Sous Chef is assigned to supervise the assigned galley team in producing and delivering the best possible culinary experience at sea.
- Assists the Executive Chef in all of his specific duties. Must be able to assume full responsibility for food preparation activities in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Responsible for implementing the directions of the Executive Chef with the Galley personnel.
- Responsible for the training and supervision of the various section heads (1st Cooks).
- Ensures that all cooks have proper utensils and ingredients necessary for their work.
- Maintains a close supervision over Galley activities by remaining in the Galley during preparation and service. Controls food consumption by monitoring production, waste and portion size.
- Maintains proper sanitization standards according to USPH regulations and company's instructions in all food production preparation areas.
- Performs any and all such duties as may be assigned by the Executive Chef and/or other Senior Management.
- Minimum one year cruise ship's experience as Sous Chef or equivalent role.
- Culinary Diploma from a recognized Hospitality school.
- Experience in leading large Culinary brigades.
- Strong verbal and good written communications skills.
- Ability to work under stress and pressure, strong coaching/supervising skills.
Along with a challenging career and worldwide travel opportunities, Princess Cruises offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable cabin accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, pool and a recreation center.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Princess Cruises team. Together, we share our world, share our hearts, and create lasting memories.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of 18 modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities.
Princess offers a fast-paced work environment with great opportunities for career development in a wide range of areas. Our goal is to be the employer of choice in the cruise industry. Regardless of the rank or role, we are one team with one dream at Princess Cruises.
Together, we share our world, share our hearts, and create lasting memories.