Demi Chef De Partie
- Participates on food preparation and presentation during meal hours.
- Ensures that USPH standards are maintained (including follow up of proper food handling, storage, cleaning and personal hygiene procedures).
- Follows proper procedures when recycling food from over production.
- Maintains timely preparation, food finishing and garnishing of menu items, including buffet preparation.
- Ensures that yield and portion control measurements are followed as per company standards.
- Setting-up of breakfast, luncheon, and dinner service lines and to ensure that menu items are re-supplied as deemed necessary.
- Ensures that waste control and garbage separation is followed.
- Reports defective galley equipment so that food production and food service is not interrupted.
- Knowledge of basic food preparation, presentation and preservation.
- Basic knowledge of Public Health and Sanitation regulations and procedures.
- Formal degree in food management from a recognized International culinary institution.
- Ability to train and motivate subordinates.
- Ability to organize and complete work in accordance to deadlines.
- Experience in quality establishments and good knowledge of English are essential.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The recruiter advertising this job can accept applicants only from Western Europe and Central Europe for this position.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship or in a 4/5* Hotel.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.