Demi Chef De Partie
We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of 17 modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities. Princess Cruises is the employer of choice in the cruise industry. We offer exceptional facilities and extensive learning and recreational programs for our crew. Join our team and you’ll enjoy a truly adventurous career with excellent incentives, unlimited growth, and ports of call that will leave you breathless.
Working for Princess Cruises is ideal if you are looking to take your career to the next level and enjoy a challenging and unique environment. As a Demi Chef de Partie, you will be assigned to work under the direct supervision of CDP. He/she is involved in the daily galley production of food items. In addition to specifically assigned tasks, Demi Chef de Partie will provide general assistance to the CDP and or any member of the galley department as instructed by the Sous Chef or the Executive Chef.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Actively involved in the daily galley production for all restaurants and dining rooms.
- Actively involved in the daily garnish production.
- Ensures that the galley equipment is treated with care and is always well maintained.
- Ensures that all food items are being properly handled according to USPH practices, policies and procedures.
- Prepares/sets up station for service in the galley.
- Perform any and all such duties as may be assigned by the CDP, Sous Chef and Executive Chef.
- Formal degree in food management from a recognized International culinary institution.
- Must have at least four years of galley experience with at least one year experience as 1st Commis.
- Knowledge of basic food preparation, presentation and preservation.
- Basic knowledge of Public Health and Sanitation regulations and procedures.
- Ability to train and motivate subordinates.
- Command of the English language, both verbal and written.
Along with a challenging career and worldwide travel opportunities, Princess Cruises offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, shared cabin accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, pool and a recreation center.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Princess Cruises team. Together, we share our world, share our hearts, and create lasting memories.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The recruiter advertising this job can accept applicants only from Western Europe and Central Europe for this position.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.