Demi Chef De Partie
The Demi Chef De Partie is usually assigned to work under the direct supervision of CDP. He/she is involved in the daily galley production of food items. In addition to specifically assigned tasks, he / she will provide general assistance to the CDP and or any member of the galley department as instructed by the Sous Chef or the Executive Chef.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Actively involved in the daily galley production for all restaurants and dining rooms.
• Actively involved in the daily garnish production.
• Ensures that the galley equipment is treated with care and is always well maintained.
• Ensures that all food items are being properly handled according to USPH practices, policies and procedures
• Prepares/sets up station for service in the galley
• Perform any and all such duties as may be assigned by the CDP, Sous Chef and Executive Chef.
• Knowledge of basic food preparation, presentation and preservation.
• Basic knowledge of Public Health and Sanitation regulations and procedures.
• Formal degree in food management from a recognized International culinary institution.
• Ability to train and motivate subordinates.
• Ability to organize and complete work in accordance to deadlines.
• Experience in quality establishments and good knowledge of English are essential.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The recruiter advertising this job can accept applicants only from Western Europe and Central Europe for this position.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship or in a 4/5* Hotel.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.