Chef De Partie Pastry (1st Pastry)
Chef De Partie Pastry is usually assigned to assist the Chief Pastry Chef and supervise the Pastry team to produce the best pastry and desserts at sea to provide a superior cruise experience for our passengers.
- Supervises product delivery in assigned production area / station in compliance with Company recipes, and always enforces picture presentation as theminimumstandard.
- Always ensures product quality in assigned station through tasting and monitoring of mise en place during production as instructed by the Executive Chef / Chief Pastry Chef.
- Always ensures that assigned section recipe files are maintained and available to assigned staff.
- Effectively supervises Pastry staff in assigned service station during operational activities as directed by the Executive Chef / Chief Pastry Chef, including monitoring compliance with production and storage requirements such as temperature / blast chiller log recording.
- Always participates in daily briefings with Chief Pastry Chef to discuss the previous day's operational performance and efficiency, and upcoming production and events.
- Always conducts briefings with the Pastry staff in assigned station at the beginning of each shift.
- Always controls food consumption in the assigned production areas through portion and production control and by ensuring adherence to Company recipes.
- Ensures batch cooking/preparation process (for soufflés, puddings, crème brulee, etc.) is practiced to eliminate waste.
- Always meets cost targets in the Pastry galley as directed by the Chief Pastry Chef / Executive Chef.
- Performs all assigned tasks in a cost-efficientmanner while adhering to the highest quality standards possible.
- Always ensures products are utilized only for their intended application and monitors staff during production periods to ensure compliance.
- Always creates an effective and efficient daily / shift production schedule for assigned section, under the direction of the Chief Pastry Chef, as required by the itinerary and various outlets.
- Always monitors consumption of ingredients required for daily production and plans orders accordingly; keeps the Chief Pastry Chef informed regarding production needs and order status.
- Regularly contributes to the formulation and implementation of Galley operation improvement strategies.
- Continually demonstrates knowledge of new pastry trends and productionmethods and regularly seeks guidance fromthe Chief Pastry Chef / Executive Chef on implementing suggestions.
- Knows team’s role descriptions, and communicates clear expectations based on each role description.
- Observes each crewmember’s performance using his or her role description as a guide and delivers prompt and appropriate correction, improvement, or reinforcement. Coaches and develops skilled, engaged team members to become the Consummate Host.
- Identifies top performers and mentors themfor career advancement or promotion.
- Continually trains and coaches assigned Pastry galley staff in the correct production methods and skills, culinary techniques, menu and recipe knowledge, product-holding techniques, and presentation and delivery of the product.
- Assists in all training and orientation for new-to-vessel / first contract Pastry staff as directed by the Executive Chef / Chief Pastry Chef.
- Must have a culinary education in Pastry Arts / Food Production from a recognized institution.
- Must have written and oral command of the English language as required by company policy.
- Must have at least 2/3 years experience in the hospitality/cruise ship industry as 1st Pastry or Chief Pastry Cook.
- Must have knowledge of current culinary trends and international pastry products.
- Must possess proven leadership skills.
- Must have the ability to manage independent pastry galleys and their brigades and supervise all activities with regard to the delivery of the pastry producs.
- Must conduct himself / herself in a professional manner and be presentable at all times.
- Must have past experience in training subordinates in new techniques and to utilize new products.
- The Chef De Partie Pastry will report directly to the Chief Pastry
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The recruiter advertising this job can accept applicants only from Western Europe and Central Europe for this position.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship or in a 4/5* Hotel.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.