Chef De Partie Pastry
We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of 17 modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities. Princess Cruises is the employer of choice in the cruise industry. We offer exceptional facilities and extensive learning and recreational programs for our crew. Join our team and you’ll enjoy a truly adventurous career with excellent incentives, unlimited growth, and ports of call that will leave you breathless.
Working for Princess Cruises is ideal if you are looking to take your career to the next level and enjoy a challenging and unique environment. As a Chef de Partie – Pastry, you will be assisting the Executive Pastry Chef and supervising the Pastry team to produce the best pastry and desserts at sea to provide a superior cruise experience for our guests.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Always ensures product quality in assigned station through tasting and monitoring of mise en place during production as instructed by the Executive Chef / Executive Pastry Chef.
- Effectively supervises Pastry staff in assigned service station during operational activities as directed by the Executive Chef / Executive Pastry Chef, including monitoring compliance with production and storage requirements such as temperature / blast chiller log recording.
- Always controls food consumption in the assigned production areas through portion and production control and by ensuring adherence to Company recipes.
- Ensures batch cooking/preparation process (for soufflés, puddings, crème brulee, etc.) is practiced to eliminate waste.
- Must possess a formal qualification in pastry arts from a recognized culinary training institution.
- Must have at least five years of experience in the pastry galley with at least two years of experience as Demi Chef de Partie Pastry form luxury hotel/resort or cruise ship.
- Must be well versed in Public Health regulations with the ability to explain concepts.
- Must possess the ability to supervise multicultural subordinate crew members.
- Command of the English language, both verbal and written.
Along with a challenging career and worldwide travel opportunities, Princess Cruises offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, shared cabin accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, pool and a recreation center.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Princess Cruises team. Together, we share our world, share our hearts, and create lasting memories.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.