Chef De Partie Pastry
We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees working onboard our ships at sea. As a leader in the cruise industry, Princess Cruises is continuously expanding and seeking dynamic, energetic, experienced professionals to join our team. With our innovative fleet of ships visiting five continents, each offering adventurous ways to explore the globe, this could be a great opportunity to let your career set sail.
As a Chef de Partie Pastry, you will be part of our exciting, luxury multi-unit, high-volume shipboard Pastry operation and help oversee its multi-cultural world-class team. You will have an opportunity to increase your international dessert expertise, work along with recipes of renowned master chocolatier Norman Love and award-winning chefs.
Together, we share our world, share our hearts, and create lasting memories.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Always ensures product quality in assigned station through tasting and monitoring of mise en place during production as instructed by the Executive Chef / Executive Pastry Chef.
- Effectively supervises Pastry staff in assigned service station during operational activities as directed by the Executive Chef / Executive Pastry Chef, including monitoring compliance with production and storage requirements such as temperature / blast chiller log recording.
- Always controls food consumption in the assigned production areas through portion and production control and by ensuring adherence to Company recipes.
- Ensures batch cooking/preparation process (for soufflés, puddings, crème brulee, etc.) is practiced to eliminate waste.
- Always creates an effective and efficient daily / shift production schedule for assigned section, under the direction of the Executive Pastry Chef, as required by the itinerary and various outlets.
- Knows team’s role descriptions, and communicates clear expectations based on each role description.
- Observes each crewmember’s performance using his or her role description as a guide and delivers prompt and appropriate correction, improvement, or reinforcement.
- Must possess a formal qualification in pastry arts from a recognized culinary training institution
- Must have at least five years of experience in the pastry galley with at least two years of experience as Demi Chef de Partie Pastry form luxury hotel/resort or cruise ship
- Must be well versed in Public Health regulations with the ability to explain concepts
- Must possess the ability to supervise multicultural subordinate crew members
- Command of the English language, both verbal and written
Along with a challenging career and worldwide travel opportunities, Princess Cruises offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, shared cabin accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, pool and a recreation center.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.