The Chief Pastry is assigned to lead the Pastry team to produce the best pastry and desserts at sea, surprising and delighting our passengers throughout their cruise.
- Ensures each Chef de Partie, Demi Chef de Partie and Commis understands his/her duty. This includes training on recipes, preparation and presentation of pastry products.
- Active participation in preparation duties which should be in balance with supervisory duties.
- Ensures that ample food supplies are ordered and received for the next day's preparation and that all goods are correctly stored and economically used.
- Ensures to follow standardized fleet pastry menu cycle, teatime and theme buffet set-ups.
- Ensures that all guest special requests are executed in a timely manner.
- Ensures that proper utilization of food leftovers is in place.
- Ensures that yield and portion control measurements are in place as per company standards.
- Supervises that waste control, low grocery breakage and garbage separation is in hand.
- Ensures to keep all equipment clean, orderly and well maintained; used as per manufacturer manual and with possible defects reported.
- Assists the training of Galley personnel on USPH requirements concerning food handling, storage, and proper cleaning and personal hygiene.
- Knowledge of cruise ship catering operation.
- Knowledge of food preparation, presentation and preservation.
- Basic knowledge of Public Health and Sanitation regulations and procedures.
- Formal degree in food management from a recognized International culinary institution.
- Proof of continuing education translated in certificates or letter of participation in specialized courses.
- Ability to train and motivate subordinates.
- Ability to innovate and foster creativity.
- Ability to organize and complete work in accordance to deadlines. Experience in quality establishments and good knowledge of English are essential.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The recruiter advertising this job can accept applicants only from Western Europe and Central Europe for this position.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.