Youth Staff Needed for 6 Month Cruise Contracts
Help to shape the vacation experience of youth and children by hosting games, activities, theme parties and children’s programming specially designed for the youngest cruisers. Work with children as you never have before and join a team of amazing and qualified experts bringing fun to youth the world over!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports to the Youth Activities Manager on board
- Organizes and leads youth activities, ages 3-17 years, in designated activity centers, assigned areas and throughout the vessel.
- Determines the activities to initated based on the ages and the needs of the children assigned to participate in the scheduled activity.
- Participates in embarkation procedures, directs and escorts guests to their staterooms.
- Always provides an immediate positive first impression for every parent and child.
- Directs children in eating, resting and toileting
- Intervenes when a conflict arises or when a child needs extra attention or assistance in order to enjoy the activities.
- Communicates with parents in a tactful and courteous manner to generate a high level of comfort.
- Assists the Youth Activities Manager in planning, prganizing and implementing entertaining and educational programs for all ages between 3 and 17.
- Serves meals and refreshments to children and regulates rest periods
- Acts as a role model for the youth with regard to leadership, friendliness, diplomacy, honesty, fair play, sportsmanship and open-mindedness.
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in education, recreation or related filed required
- 3-5 years experience working with children ages 3-17 required
- Experience working for youth groups, camps or YMCA type facilities preferred
- Opportunity for advancement
- All staff MUST comply with all company policies and procedures, along with all maritime rules and regulations.
- Participate in required Emergency duties as specified in the ship Assembly Plan.
- Assist in the facilitation of crew events, as needed.
- Comply and engage in all safety training whilst onboard.
- Execute additional job responsibilities.
- If you are from a country that requires a visa, it will be your responsibility to ensure you have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (you will be provided with documents to obtain the visa)
- You must complete a pre-employment medical and obtain a criminal background check before being considered for an onboard position.
- Cabins are generally shared with another crew member of the same gender, based on position onboard.
- Contracts are usually between 5-6 months long with 4-8 weeks’ vacation. (*If seasonal, contracts vary between a few weeks up to 4 months)
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applicants will be requested to provide a current Resume/CV to be considered for an interview.
- Must provide 2 work related references should you be selected for a Skype interview with one of our team members.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (124)
- Beauty Jobs (62)
- Casino Jobs (61)
- Child Care Jobs (24)
- Deck Jobs (94)
- Engine Jobs (140)
- Entertainment Jobs (178)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (503)
- Guest Services Jobs (78)
- IT Jobs (8)
- Land Based Jobs (81)
- Management Jobs (39)
- Medical Jobs (29)
- Office Jobs (61)
- Photography Jobs (25)
- Retail Jobs (39)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (29)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (28)
- Other Jobs (23)