At Royal Caribbean International, we believe that great vacations begin with great employees! As a leader in the cruise line industry, RCI is continuously expanding and seeking dynamic, energetic, experienced professionals to join our team. With our innovative fleet of twenty-one ships visiting five continents, each offering adventurous ways to explore the globe, this could be a great opportunity to let your career set sail with us.
Royal Caribbean International is currently looking for Facilities Horticulturist. The Facilities Horticulturist cares for a variety of live plants and flowers throughout the vessel and carries out all duties, administrative and operational as detailed in the shipboard integrated pest management.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Examines plants and soil/potting mix to determine moisture level and waters each plants according to requirements of species.
- Sponged plant leaves to apply moisture and remove dust, promoting a healthy, glossy finish.
- Maintain the ornamental plants as needed.
- Observes plants in sufficient details to detect insects and diseases and take remedial action when required.
- Removes diseased and dying plants from display and replaces with healthy plants.
- Maintains records of plants, documenting location, number variety, care and treatment. Produces a weekly or voyage report detailing all horticultural activities.
- Two to three years plant care experience in a 4 or 5 star hotel or other high profile public venue.
- Knowledge of horticulturist requirements of ornamental plants including the use of insecticides, fertilizers and gardening tools.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with general horticultural or agricultural chemical and pesticides, methods of application and safety procedures.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D1 visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable.
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.
***PLEASE KINDLY APPLY TO THIS POSITION ON THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE TO BE CONSIDERED: ***
If you are interested in viewing other opportunities, please visit our company website:
- Accommodation Jobs (169)
- Beauty Jobs (53)
- Casino Jobs (49)
- Child Care Jobs (22)
- Deck Jobs (81)
- Engine Jobs (137)
- Entertainment Jobs (123)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (698)
- Guest Services Jobs (101)
- IT Jobs (10)
- Land Based Jobs (103)
- Management Jobs (57)
- Medical Jobs (25)
- Office Jobs (79)
- Photography Jobs (17)
- Retail Jobs (36)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (29)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (20)
- Other Jobs (13)