Second Purser Admin
Vessel type: Ocean-going cruise ship
2nd PURSER / ADMIN OFFICER
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To organize the ship’s clearance in every port of call by preparing the necessary paperwork in a timely manner with Viking Ocean Cruises for both Passenger and crew and ensuring we meet all custom / immigration requirements, along with the ship Clearance.
- Facilitates prompt processing of legal documents (guest manifest; crew list) with port authorities by preparing required paperwork.
- Responsible for all clearance related matters and communication with port agents.
- Assisting the Chief Purser for Clearance of vessel for crew & Passenger on arrival into port and departure.
- Responsible for any Crew and Passenger medical disembarks in cooperation with the Medical team, support from HR and Chief Purser.
- Maintenance of Crew & Passenger manifests for on board safety regulations and International requirements (i.e. Shore passes etc.)
- Diligent completion of signing off and on process for all crew members in MXP with the support of the HR Manager.
- Assisting the Crew Purser by organizing ground arrangements for any signing On/Off crew members.
- Ensure vessel distribution via mail of Crew & Passenger manifest information.
- Ensure that all passports (Crew & Passenger) hold valid visas and updating this info in MXP.
- Ensure crew Seaman’s Books are completed with proper embarkation dates.
- Ensure that all equipment for check-in is proper charged and ready to use on embarkation day.
- Active participation in onboard training programs.
- Additional duties, not mentioned here, will be expected as per management request.
Supervisor: Crew Purser
Receives instructions from: Chief Purser
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the Pursers department on board a vessel.
- Fluent English language, written and spoken. Additional language is an advantage.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Computer knowledge (MSWord, Excel. Outlook) MXP is an advantage
- Knowledge of Clearance and Visa requirements in international waters for both crew & passengers.
- International experience / shipboard experience is required
- Ability to work independently, positive, approachable personality, professional appearance, excellent communication skills.
- Flexible and stress resistant, team player, shows commitment
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC • Viking College • Uniform Regulation
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
When you have the best people, you have the best river cruise line.
Across Europe, Russia, China and Southeast Asia, more people sail with Viking than any other river cruise line. With inspiring destinations, the largest fleet of 4 and 5 star ships, memorable experiences and fine cuisine, Viking is regularly voted the world’s favorite river cruise line.
Our guests return again and again because we also offer something more – exceptional service. The kind of service provided by exceptional people. If that sounds like you, and you’d like to be part of a forward thinking and fast-expanding company, we’d like to hear from you.
Our standards set us apart. So do our career opportunities.
At Viking, we care about your career as much as you do and we will give you the training, skills and confidence you need to be the best you can be. We even have a custom training program, the Viking College, to help you learn and sharpen your skills.
We offer great opportunities for promotion where you will be rewarded for your hard work, enthusiasm, initiative and sense of responsibility.
Our management team in Switzerland overseas all aspects of our operations – from shore excursions to catering and nautical operations – everyone works for the same company, with the same high standards that Viking is famous for. We look forward to hear from you!
Set sail for your career.