Vessel type: Ocean-going cruise ship
Purpose of Position
You ensure a friendly and professional service in the restaurants to the fullest satisfaction of our guests in accordance with Viking Ocean Cruises Standards.
Responsible for the service operation in assigned area
- Supervision/support of a professional welcoming and sales orientated F&B Service
- Ensuring the correct handling of all products, materials and equipment
- Ensuring absolute cleanliness and order in accordance with HACCP rules
- Operation of service procedures according to standards (e.g. menus, decoration)
- Organization and execution of F&B related ship functions and special events
- Performance according to company standards and HACCP rules
Management and motivation of the assigned service crew
- Supervision and motivation of restaurant and bar crew
- Participation in dis-/embarkation and luggage duty & loadings
Responsible for cost control and adherence to set budgets in assigned area
- Cost control in accordance to the budget
- Conduction of stock takes; inventory according to company procedures
Active liaison with guests
- Welcoming of guests and socializing during meal times
- Assist in conducting the daily menu presentation
Supervisor: Restaurant Manager / Maitre d’Hotel
Gives instructions to: Restaurant/Bar crew
Receives instructions from: Restaurant Manager / Maitre d’Hotel / F&B Manager / Hotel Manager, Corporate Operation Manager
- Graduated education within hotel / catering industry or equivalent experience.
- Min. 1 years professional experience in same or similar position in 4* or 5* operation
- International experience / experience on a ship is an asset
- Excellent English skills, other languages are an asset
- Service oriented and guest focused
- Excellent management, organizational and communication skills
- Positive personality, professional appearance
- Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, showing commitment
Guidelines and Regulations
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC • Viking College • Uniform Regulation • F&B Manual
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.