Vessel type: Ocean-going cruise ship
Purpose of Position
Preparation of bakery items that require basic professional bakery skills. Assist the Head Baker to produce Bakery Goods on time and in line with Company Standards
- Preparation/baking of bakery goods (bread, rolls, danish, etc.)
- Solid professional bakery knowledge (preparing dough, baking skills).
- Must be able to read, understand and follow recipes.
- Must have a confirmed bakery background with an international brand hotel or bakery.
- Must be proficient in related tasks, be productive and work efficiently.
- Must be cost conscious and avoid wastage.
- Preparation of basic bakery goods, such as different bread rolls, Danish, breads, etc.
- Must be able to work in any section of the bakery and meet basic requirements.
- Preparation of simple showpieces is required; any advanced level is considered a plus.
- Must maintain immaculate cleanliness of his/her working station at all times.
- Required to have basic USPH knowledge and comply with it at any given time.
- Must be familiar with Ship Rules and Regulations (SMS) and participate in all required Drills Safety/Security).
- Personality and Appearance: Must have a pleasant and courteous personality. Must be well groomed, and presentable.
- Health: Must be physically fit and in good health. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs (30 Kilos) on a daily basis and be able to work a minimum of eleven hours per day, seven days a week.
- Professional Experience and Education: A minimum of two years in the profession (Quality Hotels or Bakery). Must have basic bakery knowledge and skills to perform expected duties.
- Communication and Language Skills: Must be able to read and speak English clearly in order to interpret documents such as recipes and manuals. Other languages are considered a plus.
- Work Ethic: Must take pride in their work. Adherence to Company Rules and Regulations is a must for success in the job.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.