Vessel type: Ocean-going cruise ship
Purpose of Position
You ensure clean of F&B stores area and are in charge of checking quantities and quality of all Food items under your responsibility before and after issuance to internal customers.
- Participate in issuing of goods to other department after receiving an approved internal requisition.
- Implement and execute proper maintenance and cleaning procedures in all storeroom areas in order to ensure good appearance and conditions of these area.
- Work together with the Provision Master when loading and landing of goods. He participates physically in the storing of goods.
- Checks the condition of the goods and the storage of the goods in order to meet with the health and sanitation standards.
- Reports to the Provision Master if found any discrepancies on the inventory list.
- Assist the Provision Master in counting of goods.
- Reports any malfunctioning equipment or furnishings in need of repair or refurbishing to the Provision Master
Supervisor: Inventory Manager
Receives instructions from: Hotel Director, Inventory Manager, Provision Master, Bottlekeeper/Ass.t Provision Master, Corporate Operation Manager
- Required to speak, read and write in English in an Advanced level in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms.
- Thorough knowledge of storeroom operation and storing procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of food & beverage products
- Good knowledge of cruise ship catering operation.
- Familiar with all departments and their functions within Hotel / Food & Beverage operations.
Guidelines and Regulations
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC • Viking College • Uniform Regulation • Executive Chef Manual
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.