Asst. Stateroom Steward/ess
Vessel type: Ocean-going cruise ship
ASSISTANT STATEROOM HOST\ESS
Purpose of Position
Reporting to the Assistant Housekeeper
Assist the Stateroom Host\ess with the overall cleanliness and upkeep of Guests stateroom, Suites, corridors and pantries as per VOC standards
- Responsible to bring any items required to and from other areas for the upkeep of the sections
- Cleaning bathroom & toilets
- Cleaning of pantries areas to USPH standards
- Cleaning and vacuuming of corridors
- Removal of food trays to designated pantry
- Daily cleaning of stateroom balcony, windows and furniture
- Ice delivery
- Trash/Garbage collection
- Keeping the lockers properly stock of clean linen, towels, cleaning materials and amenities up to par level
- Daily transportation and collection of clean\dirty towels/linen to /from the laundry to their designated section
- Delivery and collection of Guest laundry
- Shoeshine service
- Reporting maintenance issues
- Daily interact with our guests and assist them
- Handle and distribute guest luggage
- Operate in line with all USPH, Environmental, Safety and Security Policy
- Perform other duties as assigned by Leader
- 1 – 2 years of previous work experience in a custodial/house person capacity
- Previous ship experiences preferred
- Display friendly professional personality and Team work
- Ability to work in a fast paced multi-tasked environment, handling multiple requests simultaneously
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and their application
- Knowledge of proper cleaning technique requirements and use of equipment
- Knowledge of USPH\sanitation procedures
- Experience working in a high guest service contact
- Excellent English communication skill both spoken and written
- Ability to apply customer service skills when interacting with guests
- Physically fit, with endurance to lift 50lbs and run up and down stairs multiple times during the day
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
When you have the best people, you have the best river cruise line.
Across Europe, Russia, China and Southeast Asia, more people sail with Viking than any other river cruise line. With inspiring destinations, the largest fleet of 4 and 5 star ships, memorable experiences and fine cuisine, Viking is regularly voted the world’s favorite river cruise line.
Our guests return again and again because we also offer something more – exceptional service. The kind of service provided by exceptional people. If that sounds like you, and you’d like to be part of a forward thinking and fast-expanding company, we’d like to hear from you.
Our standards set us apart. So do our career opportunities.
At Viking, we care about your career as much as you do and we will give you the training, skills and confidence you need to be the best you can be. We even have a custom training program, the Viking College, to help you learn and sharpen your skills.
We offer great opportunities for promotion where you will be rewarded for your hard work, enthusiasm, initiative and sense of responsibility.
Our management team in Switzerland overseas all aspects of our operations – from shore excursions to catering and nautical operations – everyone works for the same company, with the same high standards that Viking is famous for. We look forward to hear from you!
Set sail for your career.