Vessel type: Ocean-going cruise ship
Purpose of Position
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper. Responsible for the day-to-day laundry and dry cleaning operation including efficient work flow while ensuring high level of employee productivity and maintaining a safe work area. Responsible for the financial performance.
- Arranges the working schedule and roaster.
- Makes sure the laundry work-float running smoothly and keeps the jobs on schedule.
- Monitors the quality of all cleaned laundry.
- Assures the laundry staff working in a safety manner.
- Communicates with other departments for problems solving.
- Daily conduct walkthrough of the main laundry and dry cleaning area to ensure cleanliness, checking machine to ensure they are all in good working condition paying attention to any operational, safety, hazardous material storage or environmental concern.
- Maintain accurate and up to date record keeping to include but not limited to: flatwork ironer, laundry lint cleaning, MSDS file.
- Coordinates daily inspection to ensure that all equipments are operating at optimum capacity.
- Reports laundry equipment to be repaired\maintained. Create job orders and follow up to ensure satisfactory of completion.
- Complete and submit weekly requisition.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of all laundry chemicals and supplies.
- Ensure that all preventive actions are taken by laundry personnel to prevent spontaneous combustion.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace, with emphasis on employee health and fire\chemical safety, including keeping adequate stock of PPE equipment.
- Ensure all linen is staged and stored safely, not to piled higher than the safety red line, not to obstruct exits and escape areas or access to safety equipment such as fire extinguisher, water tight door, fire door, and not to be close to operating equipment or motor.
- Operate in line with all USPH, Environmental, Safety and Security Policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Housekeeper
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a laundry including 3 years onboard ship.
- Good command of English
- Knows the operation of all machines and equipment’s in laundry.
- Knows the stain removal technique.
- Understands various stains & chemical reactions.
- Understand various differentiate of fabrics.
Guidelines and Regulations
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • S.T.A.R. Service Experience Standards • Department Service Standards • Viking College • Uniform Regulation • F&B SOP’s
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.