Vessel type: Ocean-going cruise ship
Assistant Executive Housekeeper \ 2nd housekeeper
Hotel Division - Housekeeping
- Responsible for all Housekeeping related activities in Guest staterooms, Suites, corridors and pantries.
- Lead and support a team of Cabin steward\ess, Assistant Cabin host\ess and House Persons
- Ensure reporting of all maintenance issues and inspection completion in timely manner.
- Carry out daily pre-shift briefing and ensure Team are in their assign section and start service in due time.
- Inspect daily during morning and evening shift passenger’s cabin, corridors, pantries and lockers for cleanliness and perfect cabin set up. Ensure deficiencies are reported and corrected accordingly. Submit report to 1st Housekeeper for record keeping.
- Follow up and keep track of all special cleaning matrix such as: cleaning of curtains, carpet shampoo, furniture, shower head sanitation etc.
- Monitor par level of all lockers within working areas and ensure sufficient supplies are available for the cabin steward\ess.
- Complete the weekly general supply requisition and submit to the 1st Housekeeper for approval.
- Arrange for pick up of general store as per schedule and ensure proper distribution to lockers within working areas.
- Ensure proper handling and safe usage of chemical and housekeeping equipment.
- Overall scheduling of the team with work assignments.
- Be knowledgeable and aware of NLV special cleaning instruction.
- Supervise crew on baggage delivery and collection.
- Inform 1st Housekeeper of any guest related issues to be followed up by management.
- Follow up on Guest special requests.
- Prepare for USPH inspection and participate during regular ship inspection.
- Ensure all Logs are signed and kept up-to-date in designated areas.
- Provide leadership for all direct reports; responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing personnel files
- Conducting performance reviews, including discipline as needed
- Ensuring MLC compliance
- Participate in inventory
- On job training
- Crew recognition and communication
- Demonstrate professionalism and be a good role model for subordinates.
- Interact with guest and employe in a professional and positive manner.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace with emphasis on employee health and fire\chemical safety.
- Ensure all housekeeping areas meet VOC standards.
- Operate in line with all USPH, Environmental, Safety and Security Policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Housekeeper or 1st Housekeeper.
- Minimum two years Housekeeping management experience on ships or hotels of 300+ room
- Management experience working with a multinational Staff/Crew
- Hospitality or Business Management Degree or industry related experience
- Excellent English oral and written, additional European language recommended
- Computer skills necessary (Word, Excel, Fidelio, Espresso)
- Strong knowledge of sanitary procedures
- Keen eye for cleanliness and attention to details
- Experience in Human Resources procedures
- Able to explain various housekeeping chemicals, equipment and their usage
- Able to walk and stand during long hours
- Excellent Guest interaction skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Multi task performer
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.