Automation Technician (Theatrical Rigger)
The Automation Technician is responsible for the movement of all automated stage equipment, rigging and safety devices, and safety of personnel on stage. The technician will also supervise all scenic changeovers. The position is responsible for operating, maintaining and programming the stage automation control systems.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Operate the Stage Automation control system in a safe and effective manner. Manages the system during rehearsals, shows, set up etc. to ensure maximum safety for all involved.
- Directs all scenic changeovers and ensures they are completed in a safe and timely manner.
- Manages the inspection of scenic installations after changeovers with Technical Supervisor to ensure that all props and equipment are secure and safe.
- Coordinates with the Guest Entertainers or Entertainment Production Manager to properly program Automation movements for each show.
- Assists Electronics Engineer Junior Entertainment with preventive maintenance and cleaning on all automation equipment, rigging & scenery with the help of the Technical staff. Assist other technicians as and when required.
- Maintains up to date auditable records of all shows and changes. Must provide detailed and accurate Tracking Sheets to Technical Supervisor and/or Entertainment Production Manager. Inspect and keep updated Auditable records as per SEMS in regard to safety harness and lanyards.
- Performs weekly tests on safety devices incorporated into the automation system and keep log in Amos of these tests as required by SEMS.
- Performs inspections on all rigging & safety harnesses before each rehearsal, performance, and use as stated on the maintenance checklist form & Safety Harness inspection.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of technical theatrical productions, and safe rigging practices.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of back stage environment and operation.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of various automation systems including(but not limited to), Nomad, Acrobat, Visual Stage control systems
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Intermediate to Advanced working knowledge of Audio, Lighting systems.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of safe stage rigging practices.
Associates Degree in Technical Theatre program or a related discipline; Appropriate vocational/technical training and/or experience may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required degree.
- Accommodation Jobs (90)
- Beauty Jobs (59)
- Casino Jobs (32)
- Child Care Jobs (23)
- Deck Jobs (84)
- Engine Jobs (135)
- Entertainment Jobs (178)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (531)
- Guest Services Jobs (95)
- IT Jobs (8)
- Land Based Jobs (99)
- Management Jobs (30)
- Medical Jobs (18)
- Office Jobs (58)
- Photography Jobs (19)
- Retail Jobs (41)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (35)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (28)
- Other Jobs (27)