We are currently looking for a dedicated Sous Chef with a ‘hands on’ approach and ideally with previous cruise ship experience in similar role.
You will be expected to assist the Executive Chef/ Executive Sous Chef in directing and supervising of preparation and production, in accordance with the established company's menu and recipes, of all food on board to be served to both guests and crew taking into consideration dietary, religious and cultural requirements.
You will be responsible for managing, monitoring and developing team members (up to 50 people) to ensure the provision of high quality, professionally prepared food products, whilst ensuring all work is carried out safely, efficiently and in accordance with all current safety and company regulations (including Public Health Policy and ILO).
You will be expected to maintain and improve standards, identifying areas of improvement and delivering positive change to ensure we exceed our guests' experience, sometimes it will mean maximizing all resources and budgets without compromising quality, appearance or taste.
- Minimum 6 years of progressive food preparation experience in high volume hotels/restaurants/cruise ships to include 5 years experience as Sous Chef or 3 years experience as a Chef de Cuisine in a smaller environment.
- Completion of associate degree or equivalent and/or Chef apprenticeship program from an accredited culinary or hospitality school
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Competent IT skills, including good knowledge of Fidelio Management System
- Supervisory experience
- A proven record of running, training staff and co coordinating at least 4 sections of the kitchen excluding Pastry and Bakery.
- Awareness of budgets and food wastage gained within a corporate environment will be an advantage
- Working knowledge of USPH standards
In return we can offer you: a competitive tax free salary paid twelve months of the year, work rotation of three months on board with six weeks paid leave, flights to/from the vessel arranged and paid for by the company, full accommodation on board and staff concessions.
- Accommodation Jobs (78)
- Beauty Jobs (47)
- Casino Jobs (27)
- Child Care Jobs (25)
- Deck Jobs (62)
- Engine Jobs (166)
- Entertainment Jobs (132)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (559)
- Guest Services Jobs (72)
- IT Jobs (11)
- Land Based Jobs (98)
- Management Jobs (38)
- Medical Jobs (20)
- Office Jobs (61)
- Photography Jobs (19)
- Retail Jobs (39)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (41)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (16)
- Other Jobs (35)