Hotel General Manager
Vessel type: Ocean-going cruise ship
PURPOSE OF POSITION
You are responsible for the Hotel operation, including coordinating and leading the Hotel Department Heads on board. The Hotel Manager must be hands on during peak services and through presence and actions being an example to and ensure the team delivers the product as set out in the Viking Ocean Product plan is delivered smoothly and flawlessly. Together with the Ships Management e coordinates and executes onboard safety, environmental and maintenance procedures.
- Responsible for the entire service operation onboard
- Supervision/support of a professional welcoming and sales orientated Guest Service in accordance with S.T.A.R. Service Experience.
- Menu layout / Menu approval, Buffet presentation
- Ensuring absolute cleanliness and order in accordance with HACCP rules
- Planning all Entertainment and Shop/Concessionaire's events with Department Heads.
- Controlling sale of shore excursions, future Cruise sales and tour dispatches
- Management and motivation of the service crew
- Provide visible leadership by example.
- Align crew attitudes to corporate objectives.
- Ensure appropriate crew training is carried out on an ongoing basis.
- Employ contemporary management techniques to ensure all employees are motivated to provide exemplary customer service.
- Vacation planning, Internal promotions
- Responsible for cost control and adherence to set budgets
- Accounting, Payroll, Cruise closing.
- Food cost control, Control of Bars and Inventory/Store control.
- Clearance of the vessel and Embarkation.
- Active liaison with guests
- Provide visible leadership by example while interacting with guests in all areas
- Conduction of daily menu presentation in coordination with the Executive Chef
Supervisor: Captain - Daily operation, Director of Hotel Operations - Hotel Operations Product, Standards, Policy and Procedures
Gives instructions to: Hotel Operation Department Heads
Receives instructions from: Director of Hotel Operations
- Diploma from international recognized hotel school or university.
- Min. 5 years Hotel Manager or Food & Beverage Manager on 5-star ship.
- Completed appropriate HR training, craft training or equivalent
- Excellent English skills in both writing and speech, other languages a plus
- Service oriented and guest focused
- Excellent management, organizational and communication skills
- Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, commitment, positive personality, professional appearance
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • S.T.A.R. Service Experience Standards • Viking College • Uniform Regulation • SOP's
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
When you have the best people, you have the best river cruise line.
Across Europe, Russia, China and Southeast Asia, more people sail with Viking than any other river cruise line. With inspiring destinations, the largest fleet of 4 and 5 star ships, memorable experiences and fine cuisine, Viking is regularly voted the world’s favorite river cruise line.
Our guests return again and again because we also offer something more – exceptional service. The kind of service provided by exceptional people. If that sounds like you, and you’d like to be part of a forward thinking and fast-expanding company, we’d like to hear from you.
Our standards set us apart. So do our career opportunities.
At Viking, we care about your career as much as you do and we will give you the training, skills and confidence you need to be the best you can be. We even have a custom training program, the Viking College, to help you learn and sharpen your skills.
We offer great opportunities for promotion where you will be rewarded for your hard work, enthusiasm, initiative and sense of responsibility.
Our management team in Switzerland overseas all aspects of our operations – from shore excursions to catering and nautical operations – everyone works for the same company, with the same high standards that Viking is famous for. We look forward to hear from you!
Set sail for your career.