Hotel General Manager
Vessel type: Ocean-going cruise ship
PURPOSE OF POSITION
You are responsible for the Hotel operation, including coordinating and leading the Hotel Department Heads on board. The Hotel Manager must be hands on during peak services and through presence and actions being an example to and ensure the team delivers the product as set out in the Viking Ocean Product plan is delivered smoothly and flawlessly. Together with the Ships Management e coordinates and executes onboard safety, environmental and maintenance procedures.
- Responsible for the entire service operation onboard
- Supervision/support of a professional welcoming and sales orientated Guest Service in accordance with S.T.A.R. Service Experience.
- Menu layout / Menu approval, Buffet presentation
- Ensuring absolute cleanliness and order in accordance with HACCP rules
- Planning all Entertainment and Shop/Concessionaire's events with Department Heads.
- Controlling sale of shore excursions, future Cruise sales and tour dispatches
- Management and motivation of the service crew
- Provide visible leadership by example.
- Align crew attitudes to corporate objectives.
- Ensure appropriate crew training is carried out on an ongoing basis.
- Employ contemporary management techniques to ensure all employees are motivated to provide exemplary customer service.
- Vacation planning, Internal promotions
- Responsible for cost control and adherence to set budgets
- Accounting, Payroll, Cruise closing.
- Food cost control, Control of Bars and Inventory/Store control.
- Clearance of the vessel and Embarkation.
- Active liaison with guests
- Provide visible leadership by example while interacting with guests in all areas
- Conduction of daily menu presentation in coordination with the Executive Chef
Supervisor: Captain - Daily operation, Director of Hotel Operations - Hotel Operations Product, Standards, Policy and Procedures
Gives instructions to: Hotel Operation Department Heads
Receives instructions from: Director of Hotel Operations
- Diploma from international recognized hotel school or university.
- Min. 5 years Hotel Manager or Food & Beverage Manager on 5-star ship.
- Completed appropriate HR training, craft training or equivalent
- Excellent English skills in both writing and speech, other languages a plus
- Service oriented and guest focused
- Excellent management, organizational and communication skills
- Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, commitment, positive personality, professional appearance
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • S.T.A.R. Service Experience Standards • Viking College • Uniform Regulation • SOP's
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.