Cruise Director on board
This is a fantastic opportunity, working for an award winning Cruise Company. A strong leader and dynamic personality, with the ability to engage with guests through your appearances, public address announcements and activity creation. Reporting to, and liaising with, the Hotel Director, you will be the driving force who leads the Entertainments team to excellence in achieving first class guest satisfaction. You will have an excellent command of the English language, and be proficient in the use of computers.
Duties & Responsibilities: (Included but not limited to)
- Overall supervision of all aspects of on-board entertainment and leisure programme according to policies and direction of the company.
- Create effective schedule of all entertainment and activities taking place on-board the vessel.
- Management of all cruise staff, musicians, entertainers, lecturers, instructors and other ancillary staff.
- To liaise closely with the Hotel Director & Master.
- To work closely with the Shore Excursion Manager on all matters pertaining to the safe and timely despatch of shore excursions, ensuring that all participating staff are correctly and thoroughly briefed in this operation.
- Act as principal front-of-house representative for company.
- Act as master of ceremonies/compere for all main show time performances.
- Responsible for maintaining effective communication between vessel and Entertainment Management team ashore.
- Maintain effective contact with passengers, ensuring high quality customer relations.
- Ensuring first-class customer care and attention.
- Lead the Cruise Team – as head of department for the cruise team, rotations, appraisals, development; also training of stage presence, announcements and public speaking as required.
- Must possess the ability to captivate and engage an audience with an enthusiastic, high energy personality
- Master of ceremonies or professional entertainment experience required
- Follows scripts, as necessary
- All Officers and Crew MUST comply with all company policies and procedures, along with all maritime rules and regulations
- Participate in required Emergency duties as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Applicants must either hold STCW training certificates, or be prepared to undertake the necessary training, obtain relevant seafarer medicals, and attend any other training course requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR THE INTERVIEW PROCESS WILL BE CONTACTED
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Accommodation Jobs (149)
- Beauty Jobs (50)
- Casino Jobs (44)
- Child Care Jobs (22)
- Deck Jobs (74)
- Engine Jobs (124)
- Entertainment Jobs (125)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (682)
- Guest Services Jobs (99)
- IT Jobs (9)
- Land Based Jobs (112)
- Management Jobs (53)
- Medical Jobs (26)
- Office Jobs (78)
- Photography Jobs (14)
- Retail Jobs (34)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (29)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (19)
- Other Jobs (15)