Executive Sous Pastry Chef – 5* River Company – Portugal
PEOPLECONQUEST – HR is recruting for one of our clients that is a National River Cruise Company located in Oporto
Executive Sous Pastry Chef
Responsible for coordinating, supporting, and delivering an exceptional pastry service for them travelers in accordance with the company standards, while contributing to a positive work environment.
- Practicing company values
- Leading, coordinating, supporting, motivating, training, and evaluating galley team
- Monitoring and ensuring culinary service is up to the highest standards
- Responsible for organizing appropriate storage, and keeping of goods
- Responsible for hygiene in the galley in accordance with HACCP regulations
- Actively supporting and assisting culinary and pastry team
- Responsible for ordering food, as well as stock and cost control together with Executive Pastry Chef
- Relieving Executive Pastry Chef during his/her absence
- Any other duties advised by Executive Pastry Chef /Hotel Manager
- Culinary school diploma or basic education equivalent is preferred
- Minimum two years of experience in the field of desired position, preferably in a 4 or 5 star restaurant and/or hotel
- Cruise ship experience is a plus
- Proven leadership abilities and excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.