Learning & Development Manager
At Seabourn, we are passionate about our people. The Seabourn experience is like no other, it is luxurious, yet relaxed — elegant, yet casual — sumptuous, and yet understated. Our intimate ships visit the most desirable destinations worldwide, sailing to the heart of landmark cities, as well as to hidden gems where larger vessels cannot follow. Our ships attract interesting people, who seek to share experiences beyond the expected in places beyond the ordinary, and our acclaimed staff offers a unique style of heartfelt hospitality that is sincere, thoughtful and personal. Seabourn is looking for experienced hospitality professionals that are looking to develop themselves, and take their career to the next level.
We are currently actively seeking an experienced Learning & Development professional to join our luxury fleet. The Learning & Development Manager plays an integral part in helping and coaching all departments in effectively managing and training the crew, in order to maintain crew welfare and ensuring that guest satisfaction is exceeded along the way. Please see specific requirements below:
- 2-5 years progressive learning & development experience, preferably onboard a cruise ship or within a 4/5* hotel.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or international equivalent) in Human Resources, Education, Organizational Development, Psychology, Business Management or related field.
- Any further Learning, Development or Training qualifications are desirable.
- Fluent English speaking, reading & writing.
- Exemplary presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Power Point to an intermediate level.
- Capacity to serve as a role model to both existing and new members of the Seabourn team and ability to inspire others to follow the Seabourn values.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and easily approachable.
- Ability to research and design training curriculum and materials.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Have customer service at the heart of everything you do.
- Able to work well under pressure and handle multiple situations at the same time.
- Willing to commit to a 4 month contract at sea, working 7 days per week.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Seabourn Cruise Line
With Seabourn's world renowned reputation for excellence and luxury, it is only right that we recruit only the very best people to enjoy career opportunities working on one of our ships. Seabourn Cruise Line is an excellent place to begin your career at sea as well as further develop your career within this exciting industry. Seabourn provides an intuitive and gracious service which is delivered by staff that are passionate about maximising the guest experience onboard. We are seeking hospitality professionals to join the onboard family. Start your exciting new career at sea with one of our entry level positions in the hotel department onboard. For those already in Hotel Management we have exciting management positions in Food and Beverage, Galley, Guest Services and Human Resources departments.
If you feel you have the fine art of delight, genuine and heartfelt hospitality then please apply today!