Maitre D’hotel, P&O Cruises Australia
Here at P&O Cruises Australia, we now have an opportunity for an experienced Maitre D to join our Food and Beverage department and help lead the team to create a memorable holiday experience for each and every guest.
With 7 venues and over 90 staff in the sector, the Maitre D will be required to work closely with the Food & Beverage department teams to drive revenue while striving to exceed guest satisfaction targets in line with company expectations.
This role will include but is not limited to:
- Leading and coaching the team to ensure customer satisfaction standards are met and upheld at all times
- Manage activity across the main dining rooms, room service and mess areas
- Monitor costs and expenditures across designated department areas whilst driving revenue
- Consistently monitor and provide training for the team and mentor top performers for succession
- Analysis of processes and procedures, identifying opportunities for increased efficiency in the department
- Ensuring compliance with Fleet Regulations, Public Health and on board policies and procedures
Our ideal candidates will bring:
- Experience in a similar role (leading a team of 90+) preferably in an upscale hotel (multi outlets), large cruise ship, restaurant chain or high volume food service facility
- A Degree in hospitality management or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Strong people management, leadership and development skills within a diverse cultural environment
- Solid interpersonal, customer relations and conflict resolution skills with the ability and willingness to deliver outstanding service to our passengers
- Sound communication skills, with a strong command of written and spoken English, and a high attention to detail
In return, you will have the opportunity to work in a multi-cultural environment where you will meet people that will be friends for life and travel to stunning locations ‘like no place on earth’.
Contracts are for four months duration with two months leave in between assignments. The salary is competitive and flights, medical cover and uniforms are provided.
Please note employees of P&O Cruises Australia are required to be at least 21 years old, possess a current unrestricted passport (valid for at least a year) and international applicants eligible to apply for an Australian Maritime Crew Visa (MCV) and Electronic Travel Authority (ETA). All crew members are required to successfully clear an ENG1 Medical before commencing onboard.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship or in a 4/5* Hotel.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (184)
- Beauty Jobs (46)
- Casino Jobs (31)
- Child Care Jobs (26)
- Deck & Engine Jobs (206)
- Entertainment Jobs (144)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (693)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (92)
- Management Jobs (66)
- Medical Jobs (23)
- Office Jobs (90)
- Photography Jobs (16)
- Retail Jobs (35)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (29)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (19)
- Other Jobs (66)