Senior Pastry Chef
Uniworld owns and operates a fleet of thirteen intimate, boutique river cruise ships on the European waterways which cater exclusively to English-speaking clients. Trade the ordinary for the extraordinary and take this opportunity to become a Senior Pastry Chef in a dynamic company that recognises the commitment and enthusiasm of its employees.
Senior Pastry Chef on board of a river ship – Uniworld is waiting for You!
As a Senior Pastry Chef, you will be responsible for all aspects of the pastry department in cooperation with another Senior Pastry Chef. You will report directly to the Culinary Director.
- Ensure smooth running and good cooperation amongst all departments and crew members
- Prepare, coach and train crew members
- Come up with new innovations, ideas in cooperation and after approval by the Culinary Director
- Be responsible for quality control in your department
- Supervise,- replace (relief) chefs/cooks in the fleet according to your schedule or in emergencies
- Maintain all culinary structures, standards, recipes in liaise with the Culinary Director
- Focus on food production, presentations, efficiency, limit wastages and making immediate corrections if necessary
- Ensure correct service in timely manner and progress of all served dishes
- Motivate your teams and ensure that full instructions are given on regular bases
- Work very closely with the Corporate Chefs and Food purchasing manager
- Be responsible and accountable for checking that menu cycles and recipes are followed, cost control within budgets, HACCP standards etc
- Visit the most spectacular destinations in Europe
- Are an innovative, proactive and service orientated team player with strong communication skills
- Have experience in boutique 5* operation in a similar role (min. 5 years of experience in pastry, head of department positions)
- Preferably have experience in ship operation
- Have high standard of regional and international pastry,- bakery background
- Are passionate about the product
- Have ability to communicate and conduct business in English (must), Italian or French are a bonus
- Have very good computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Preferably have experience with the program MXP
- Like challenges and are not afraid of high expectations and standards
- Are a citizen of the EU or have a valid working Visa in EU or Switzerland
- Want to become part of The Best!
- Are a company with strong values. We are committed to our responsibilities.
- Know that our crew is essential for the success of Uniworld. That is why we provide you with
- Competitive remuneration package and regular holidays
- Contracts according to Swiss law with all social security benefits and full medical insurance
- Take your career seriously: provide on-going development opportunities and promote within the organisation
- Are looking for You!
Are you an enthusiastic, service orientated and flexible team player with a good sense of humor? And are you looking for an opportunity to gain working experience in a dynamic and international company in the travel industry?
Apply online now!
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (222)
- Beauty Jobs (64)
- Casino Jobs (53)
- Child Care Jobs (21)
- Deck Jobs (82)
- Engine Jobs (150)
- Entertainment Jobs (158)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (753)
- Guest Services Jobs (103)
- IT Jobs (13)
- Land Based Jobs (123)
- Management Jobs (55)
- Medical Jobs (28)
- Office Jobs (95)
- Photography Jobs (23)
- Retail Jobs (45)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (38)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (23)
- Other Jobs (27)