At Seabourn, we are passionate about our people. The Seabourn experience is like no other, it is luxurious, yet relaxed — elegant, yet casual — sumptuous, and yet understated. Our intimate ships visit the most desirable destinations worldwide, sailing to the heart of landmark cities, as well as to hidden gems where larger vessels cannot follow. Our ships attract interesting people, who seek to share experiences beyond the expected in places beyond the ordinary, and our acclaimed staff offers a unique style of heartfelt hospitality that is sincere, thoughtful and personal.
We are currently actively seeking an experienced Sanitation Officer to join our luxury fleet. The Sanitation Officer plays a fundamental role ensuring that the vessel is operating under strict guidelines in order to ensure the safe working environment for all teams and preventing any health outbreaks that may damage the company’s reputation whilst ensuring the highest safety of our guests. Responsible for the sanitation in all on board Galleys and to ensure that high public health standards of Seabourn are followed in accordance with Public Health guidelines.
Candidates must have a minimum of three years in the role and be certified in USPH. Previous experience in F&B prefered.
- Formal degree in food- sanitation management from a recognized International institution.
- Strong command of the English language combined with writing skills.
- Experience in high volume operation of at least 500 meals per service.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of cruise ship-catering operation.
- Thorough knowledge of Public Health and Sanitation's regulations and procedures.
- Effective planner, problem solver and ability of successful implementations.
- Ability to conduct training sessions and demonstrations authority in front of crew.
- Ability to co-ordinate and implement work schedules according to business level.
- Fluent in interpreting and implementing company work rules.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Seabourn Cruise Line
With Seabourn's world renowned reputation for excellence and luxury, it is only right that we recruit only the very best people to enjoy career opportunities working on one of our ships. Seabourn Cruise Line is an excellent place to begin your career at sea as well as further develop your career within this exciting industry. Seabourn provides an intuitive and gracious service which is delivered by staff that are passionate about maximising the guest experience onboard. We are seeking hospitality professionals to join the onboard family. Start your exciting new career at sea with one of our entry level positions in the hotel department onboard. For those already in Hotel Management we have exciting management positions in Food and Beverage, Galley, Guest Services and Human Resources departments.
If you feel you have the fine art of delight, genuine and heartfelt hospitality then please apply today!