We are currently seeking on behalf of the world’s biggest cruise lines Royal Caribbean for qualified Light Technicians. This is a great position for anyone with a passion for working in theatre whilst travelling to some of world’s most exciting destinations and gaining valuable life and work experience.
Lighting Technicians / Programmers are responsible to set up and run the lighting boards in the main theatre and multiple lounges around the ship for rehearsals, shows, special events and other activities.
Primary duties include:
- Assist the Production Manager with operating equipment for the daytime and evening’s entertainment
- Maintain strict safety standards, facilitating special group requests and ensuring the lighting boards are fullymaintained
- You will be required to run automated shows so there is time code and TC distribution to various devices
- 2 years experience with hands-on programming and operation of live performance lighting
- Theatre experience preferred
- Must have experience programming and operating the Lighting Console WHOLE HOG 3 or 4
- Must have experience with Martin Intelligent Lights – especially MAC series.
- have the ability to do basic troubleshooting and maintenance on several types of conventional and intelligent lighting fixtures, scrollers, ETC Sensor dimming systems, haze and low fog systems.
- Basic knowledge of operating Pyrotechnics is a bonus
- Food & Accommodation
- Travel to and from the ship
- Medical centre on board – free treatment if you are unwell or hurt
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for advancement
- Ability to travel and see some amazing destinations
- Meet people and make friends from all over the world
How to apply:
- When sending your up to date CV/resume please ensure you include the various equipment you have experience with (i.e. lighting consoles etc)
- 2 Written work references are required.
If found qualified we will get back to you as soon as possible via e-mail, SKYPE and/or text message.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (185)
- Beauty Jobs (67)
- Casino Jobs (65)
- Child Care Jobs (32)
- Deck Jobs (108)
- Engine Jobs (185)
- Entertainment Jobs (186)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (786)
- Guest Services Jobs (112)
- IT Jobs (10)
- Land Based Jobs (154)
- Management Jobs (67)
- Medical Jobs (25)
- Office Jobs (79)
- Photography Jobs (32)
- Retail Jobs (54)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (56)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (26)
- Other Jobs (33)