Chef de Cuisine/Head of Cookery Club
We currently have an exciting opportunity to work in collaboration with our celebrity chefs in our innovative onboard Cookery Club for the unique position of Chef de Cuisine/Head of Cookery Club. The role is a new feature as part of P&O Cruises new ‘Food Heroes’ concept. This industry exclusive position will be responsible for the creation, planning and delivery of new cookery courses to be offered to our passengers onboard Britannia. This rare and exciting opportunity to be part of one of the world’s only culinary schools at sea will challenge the most competent of chefs.
You will be responsible for the day to day management of our newly created Culinary School, primarily the passenger cookery courses, but also facilitating our Celebrity Chef visits, tasting menus, dinners and wine tastings. This unique position will play an integral part in enhancing our culinary profile and overall passenger experience. You will need to use your inventive and artistic finesse, in addition to having a strong commercial awareness when delivering our wonderful course and menu options. You will be required to maximise all resources and budgets without compromising our high standards and ensuring overall passenger satisfaction is exceeded.
When not working with the Cookery Club you will be based in the Main Galley where your role as a Chef de Cuisine will come to play.
As a Chef de Cuisine your duties will be:
- Responsible for the day to day management of the Food Production team within allocated areas.
- Ensure all work is carried out safely, efficiently and in accordance with all current safety and company regulations, including the Public Health Policy.
- Identify areas of improvement and develop and train staff, continually striving to improve passenger satisfaction scores and providing a consistent passenger dining experience.
- Ensure adequate resourcing of teams, complete appraisals identifying development opportunities and provide support to Sous Chefs to guide, motivate and direct their respective teams.
- Monitor and manage food costs and resources effectively, ensuring the daily passenger and crew food allocation is met.
- Effectively resolve passenger issues or complaints in the correct manner relating to the department.
- Liaise with Celebrity Guest Chefs, working with them to ensure understanding of the individual concept and specific standards to be maintained by the team.
- Monitor and review food orders placed taking into account consumption history and storing schedules. Authorise the requisition of food orders at the required level and identify slow moving food items.
- Effectively manage the volumes of provisions ordered and stock rotation of fresh produce.
Your passion, flair and ability to engage with our passengers will be key in the delivery of this unique experience, leaving passengers with a taste of wanting more!
To be considered a suitable applicant for the role you must have the following:
- Experience of carrying out cookery demonstrations (essential)
- Experience of teaching / training (essential)
- Excellent command of the English language -Advanced (essential)
- Proven experience of budgets and financial management within a corporate environment
- Experience of a managing team
- Competent IT skills