Chef de Cuisine/Head of Cookery Club
We currently have an exciting opportunity to work in collaboration with our celebrity chefs in our innovative onboard Cookery Club for the unique position of Chef de Cuisine/Head of Cookery Club. The role is a new feature as part of P&O Cruises new ‘Food Heroes’ concept. This industry exclusive position will be responsible for the creation, planning and delivery of new cookery courses to be offered to our passengers onboard Britannia. This rare and exciting opportunity to be part of one of the world’s only culinary schools at sea will challenge the most competent of chefs.
You will be responsible for the day to day management of our newly created Culinary School, primarily the passenger cookery courses, but also facilitating our Celebrity Chef visits, tasting menus, dinners and wine tastings. This unique position will play an integral part in enhancing our culinary profile and overall passenger experience. You will need to use your inventive and artistic finesse, in addition to having a strong commercial awareness when delivering our wonderful course and menu options. You will be required to maximise all resources and budgets without compromising our high standards and ensuring overall passenger satisfaction is exceeded.
When not working with the Cookery Club you will be based in the Main Galley where your role as a Chef de Cuisine will come to play.
As a Chef de Cuisine your duties will be:
- Responsible for the day to day management of the Food Production team within allocated areas.
- Ensure all work is carried out safely, efficiently and in accordance with all current safety and company regulations, including the Public Health Policy.
- Identify areas of improvement and develop and train staff, continually striving to improve passenger satisfaction scores and providing a consistent passenger dining experience.
- Ensure adequate resourcing of teams, complete appraisals identifying development opportunities and provide support to Sous Chefs to guide, motivate and direct their respective teams.
- Monitor and manage food costs and resources effectively, ensuring the daily passenger and crew food allocation is met.
- Effectively resolve passenger issues or complaints in the correct manner relating to the department.
- Liaise with Celebrity Guest Chefs, working with them to ensure understanding of the individual concept and specific standards to be maintained by the team.
- Monitor and review food orders placed taking into account consumption history and storing schedules. Authorise the requisition of food orders at the required level and identify slow moving food items.
- Effectively manage the volumes of provisions ordered and stock rotation of fresh produce.
Your passion, flair and ability to engage with our passengers will be key in the delivery of this unique experience, leaving passengers with a taste of wanting more!
To be considered a suitable applicant for the role you must have the following:
- Experience of carrying out cookery demonstrations (essential)
- Experience of teaching / training (essential)
- Excellent command of the English language -Advanced (essential)
- Proven experience of budgets and financial management within a corporate environment
- Experience of a managing team
- Competent IT skills
A world of excitement, fun and possibilities
A market leader in the cruise industry, we operate ships all over the world. We’re most widely recognised by our famous brand names P&O Cruises and Cunard Line.
Working together, it’s our mission to be the most successful - the most spectacular - cruise company in Britain. To do this, we focus on providing the finest cruise experience for each and every customer. And of course, this isn’t possible without the skill and commitment of our people on board and ashore. That’s where you come in.
P&O Cruises is the largest cruise operator in the UK and, perhaps, the best-known in the world. Working on board the seven-ship fleet of Aurora, Oriana, Arcadia, Adonia, Oceana, Ventura and Azura, you’ll have the opportunity to experience luxury cruises to the Mediterranean, the Baltic, the Norwegian Fjords, the Caribbean, the Atlantic Islands, and round-the-world voyages.
Cunard Line offers the only regular transatlantic crossing service on board the world famous Queen Mary 2. The 1,968-passenger Queen Victoria, launched in November 2007, undertakes a number of different voyages, while the latest ship, the Queen Elizabeth, joined the fleet in Autumn 2010.
It takes great passion and real commitment to maintain our position at the top. That’s why we’re always looking for people, both shipboard and shoreside, who share our obsession and drive to provide the most memorable experiences imaginable.
This is your chance to join us on our journey.