URGENT openings for Stage Staff/Technical Stage Staff (US/Canadian applicants only)
We are currently seeking on behalf of one of world’s biggest cruise line, Royal Caribbean, for qualified Stage Staff / Technical Stage Staff. This is a great position for anyone with a passion for working in theatre whilst travelling to some of world’s most exciting destinations and gaining valuable life and work experience.
Primary duties include:
- Working back stage and in the theater(s) and certain other entertainment venues during rehearsals and performances, as well as supporting the entertainment technical staff, group coordinator, Stage & Production Manager and certain other members of the cruise director's management team.
- This position assembles and disassembles stage equipment and props for all shows and activities.
- Reads stage layout specifications and blueprints and confers with Stage and Production Manager to determine type and location of sets, props, scenery, lighting – and sound equipment required for specific events.
- Gathers and transports props and equipment to designated areas throughout the vessel and ports of call.
- Positions lighting fixtures on and around stage area.
- Have a valid passport
- One or two years experience in the assembly and disassembly of stage equipment and props.
- Must have experience with stage productions
- Background in electrical, technical, light and sound preferred
- Ability to perform minor theatrical repair work such as carpentry and painting
- Ability to assist cast members with costume changes
- Relevant education preferred
Food & Accommodation
Travel to and from the ship
Medical centre on board – free treatment if you are unwell or hurt
Opportunity for advancement
Ability to travel and see some amazing destinations
Meet people and make friends from all over the world
How to apply:
When sending your up to date CV/resume please ensure you include the various equipment you have experience with (i.e. lighting consoles etc)
2 Written work references are required.
Please confirm you have a valid passport and as of what date you would be able to start work, if hired
If found qualified we will get back to you as soon as possible via e-mail, SKYPE and/or text message.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Good knowledge of the English language is required.