P&O Cruises - Hotel General Manager
As a market leader in the cruise industry, we operate spectacular ships all over the world to create unforgettable holiday happiness. We are expanding our fleet within P&O Cruises, and due to our ongoing success of creating luxury cruise holidays, there will be two brand new ships within the Fleet over the next few years, and so we are offering the opportunity to join our on board Senior Management Team in the role of Hotel General Manager. By joining P&O Cruises you’ll understand that working at sea is more than just a job. It’s a way of life.
Do you love leading and inspiring your colleagues and team? Are you someone who loves coaching and developing to ensuring growth and progression in their careers? Does maintaining the highest brand standards matter to you and are you able to ensure that your teams are working better together to deliver the highest level of service and consistently achieving their revenue targets? Are you someone who relishes responsibility and is a determined person who loves achieving commercial and corporate objectives?
Key responsibilities of a Hotel General Manager:
- Lead a team of 6, and work as part of the Senior Management Team on board
- Accountable for strategic leadership across Guest Experience, and shared accountability for the delivery of the Business Balance Scorecard
- Work collaboratively with shipboard and shore side teams in driving the operational strategy, safety culture and managing change
If this sounds like you, and you have the below experience, this could be the ideal job for you:
- Current or previous cruise ship experience
- Have a coaching, open and consultative leadership style, enabling a high performing culture.
- Be experienced in ensuring the effective leadership of a culturally diverse workforce
- Pro-actively identify improvements and feed back to the operational product owner shore side, for continuous improvement within the current brand and service standards.
- Need to demonstrate commerciality and have proven success in delivering targets and managing £m budgets, through implementation of strategies to delivering corporate objectives. Your commercial acumen and £multi-million budget management expertise will be second to none.
- Demonstrate experience in successful Change management driven by the Corporate office
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. If you would like to be part of this exciting journey of growth within a world-leading Cruise company to create unforgettable holiday happiness, then please apply!
‘Better together’ is one of P&O Cruise’s core values. This means we are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture, difference is valued and our people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
We are currently recruiting for our Talent Pools to fill anticipated roles in 2019 and beyond. Please note that throughout the Recruitment & On boarding process you may not be advised of a start date. If you are successful, sufficient notice will be provided when we have a ship and start date for you.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship and in a 4/5* Hotel or Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
A world of excitement, fun and possibilities
A market leader in the cruise industry, we operate ships all over the world. We’re most widely recognised by our famous brand names P&O Cruises and Cunard Line.
Working together, it’s our mission to be the most successful - the most spectacular - cruise company in Britain. To do this, we focus on providing the finest cruise experience for each and every customer. And of course, this isn’t possible without the skill and commitment of our people on board and ashore. That’s where you come in.
P&O Cruises is the largest cruise operator in the UK and, perhaps, the best-known in the world. Working on board the seven-ship fleet of Aurora, Oriana, Arcadia, Adonia, Oceana, Ventura and Azura, you’ll have the opportunity to experience luxury cruises to the Mediterranean, the Baltic, the Norwegian Fjords, the Caribbean, the Atlantic Islands, and round-the-world voyages.
Cunard Line offers the only regular transatlantic crossing service on board the world famous Queen Mary 2. The 1,968-passenger Queen Victoria, launched in November 2007, undertakes a number of different voyages, while the latest ship, the Queen Elizabeth, joined the fleet in Autumn 2010.
It takes great passion and real commitment to maintain our position at the top. That’s why we’re always looking for people, both shipboard and shoreside, who share our obsession and drive to provide the most memorable experiences imaginable.
This is your chance to join us on our journey.