Purser on a river cruise ship in Europe - season 2018
Uniworld owns and operates a fleet of thirteen intimate, boutique river cruise ships on the European waterways which cater exclusively to English-speaking clients. We are looking for The Best to support our great team on board during the season 2018 (season starts around March 2018 - ends around November 2018). It is an ongoing opening. Are you interested to be a...
Purser on board a luxury river ship in Europe? Uniworld is waiting for You!
Trade the ordinary for the extraordinary and take this opportunity to become a part of a dynamic company that recognizes the commitment and enthusiasm of its employees.
Location: Europe (on board of a luxury river cruise ship)
As purser you will be the right hand of the Hotel Manager and responsible for the front desk, which is the main point of contact for our guests. You will make sure that any approach by guests is being dealt with to the best guest satisfaction and according to our 5* standards. You will supervise a professional team of two crew members and work closely together with the land based controlling and purchasing department.
You will also
- Coordinate and supervise a smooth and accurate work flow in the front desk department (information service, exchange rates, postings, billings, daily cash-flow, questionnaires' evaluation, custom lists, etc.)
- Coordinate and supervise the onboard shop and its selling activities
- Be responsible for the onboard accounting (invoice controlling, , credit cards settlements, city ledgers, cruise revenue, etc.), but also F&B controlling and financial reporting.
- Ensure that crew administration is being kept up to date and preparing the welcome package for joining crew.
- Be a personal contact for our guests
- Act as a team player and support your colleagues on board, where help is required
- Visit the most spectacular destinations in Europe
- Have a proven track record and success in a similar role preferably in a 5* environment
- Have hotel school background
- Have strong IT skills (Microsoft Office, Fidelio, MXP)
- Are eager develop your skills and share your knowledge with others
- Have good leadership and strong communication skillsCommunicate effectively in English
- Have good manners and a positive, open minded attitude
- Like challenges and are not afraid of high expectations and standards
- Are a citizen of the EU or Switzerland
- Want to become part of The Best!
- Are a company with strong values; We are committed to our responsibilities
- Have been awarded accreditation against the Investors in People Standard, demonstrating our commitment to high performance through good people management
- Know that our crew is essential for the success of Uniworld. That is why we provide you with
Competitive remuneration package and regular holidays
Contracts according to Swiss law with all social security benefits and full medical insurance
- Take your career seriously
Provide on-going development opportunities
Promote within the organisation
- Are looking for You!
Please note that we are not accepting applications via e-mail
Apply now online:
1. Submit your online application in English ("register interest" button)
2. We will inform you, whether you will be invited for an assessment / interview (or phone interview)
3. After the interview / assessment you will receive our feedback
4. If the feedback is positive, we will keep your application in our "Talent Pool" and inform you, in case there is an open position suitable for you. You will remain in our system, even if there is no open position at the moment.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (130)
- Beauty Jobs (55)
- Casino Jobs (38)
- Child Care Jobs (27)
- Deck Jobs (77)
- Engine Jobs (164)
- Entertainment Jobs (177)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (687)
- Guest Services Jobs (85)
- IT Jobs (11)
- Land Based Jobs (127)
- Management Jobs (50)
- Medical Jobs (27)
- Office Jobs (66)
- Photography Jobs (24)
- Retail Jobs (46)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (41)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (20)
- Other Jobs (34)