Bar Waiter (M/F) - Ocean Cruises 6*
PEOPLECONQUEST, a Human Resources National Company in ongoing expansion, is currently recruiting Bar Waiter for a renowned 6* deluxe Cruise Company with the following profile:
- Responsible for beverage service and sales in the workstation that is assigned to him/her in the public bar or lounge.
- Ensure all Hotel Operations functions are carried out in compliance with the line’s Environmental Compliance Plan (ECP).
- Responsible for promoting and maximizing beverage sales in the workstation that is assigned.
- Follows and ensures that the company beverage standards of service are being adhered.
- Helps to ensure that all beverage stocks in the bars and in lockers or pantries are used, stored and accounted for following company policies and guidelines.
- Provides prompt, attentive and courteous service to every guest in the assigned station.
- Strives to always up-sell to better quality premium and super-premium products. By following wine menu presentation.
- Recommends and suggests beverages when guests ask for assistance in selecting them.
- Maintains an attentive and proactive approach when it comes to offer a second round and ascertaining satisfaction with the product already served.
- Ensures that all complimentary products being offered to our guests, in the Seabourn Fleet, are handled and controlled according to company policies and are treated as company property.
- Responsible for the correct and proper handling of all checks and sales transactions generated in the assigned workstation.
- Responsible for helping to achieve the yearly goal for the bar scores in the guest comment cards.
- Ensures that all drinks are served with the proper garnishes and in the correct glassware and the use of jigger.
- Bar Waiters will be required to give full open deck service from drink service to set up and breakdown of the deck chairs and the upkeep of this furniture when required.
- Ensures that the assigned workstation is properly set and prepared to meet the daily business demands.
- Assists the bartender with requisitioning, following company procedures, all beverages, food items and supplies needed for the daily operation.
- Ensures that all beverages are served at the correct temperatures.
- Follows ship procedure when calling out drinks to be prepared by the bartender.
- Serves only authorized products at company hosted parties.
- Communicates any problems, challenges, complaints or service difficulties, in a timely manner, to the bartender on duty or immediate supervisor
- Assists in ensuring that all food service being provided in the bar (i.e. canapés) is done according to company standards and during the times determined by on board management.
- Ensures that the beverage promotions, as determined by the company or by on board management, are followed and in place in the assigned workstation.
- He will be required to run a wine station in one of the dining salons on a regular basis.
- Responsible for the proper use and maintenance of all associated equipment.
- The Bar Waiters will also be required for the daily U.S.P.H. and U.K.P.H. upkeep for the bars and public lounges in accordance with the high standards of cleanliness maintained through out the vessel. The cleaning required would be from a general scale of dusting, brass, carpet spot cleaning, removal of daily rubbish, cleaning of walls ceilings and floors to in-depth cleaning required in accordance with the ships V.S.P. (Vessel Sanitation Program).
- Ensures that company policy in regards to drinking age is followed and that the service of alcoholic beverages to obviously intoxicated guests is stopped in a tactful and appropriate manner.
- Follows company guidelines regarding uniforms and personal hygiene.
- Assists in additional duties as requested by the ships management.
- Silver service teatime is a daily event and will be obligatory for the set up, breakdown and service dependent on the bar outlet posting
- High School diploma or equivalent degree.
- Practical knowledge of beverage operations and service.
- To be knowledgeable of the USPH and other international Public Health rules and regulations by participating in the company’s Basic Food Hygiene course every 2 years and achieving a minimum of 80% pass.
- At least two years of working experience as a bar waiter in a fast pace 4 or 5 star Hotel/Bars catering to an international clientele.
- Working experience with an extensive beverage program that entails premiums and super premiums in all beverage categories.
- Basic knowledge of wine service procedures
- Strong command of the English language combined with good written skills.
- Ability to work in a team that is focused on revenue generating and exceeding guest expectations.
- Ability to up-sell.
- Ability to describe and recommend beverage products in a way that is convincing, pleasant and attractive.
Updated passport is required.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (103)
- Beauty Jobs (61)
- Casino Jobs (38)
- Child Care Jobs (22)
- Deck Jobs (79)
- Engine Jobs (157)
- Entertainment Jobs (163)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (467)
- Guest Services Jobs (80)
- IT Jobs (7)
- Land Based Jobs (69)
- Management Jobs (28)
- Medical Jobs (26)
- Office Jobs (58)
- Photography Jobs (15)
- Retail Jobs (45)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (37)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (28)
- Other Jobs (36)