Waiter (M/F)- Ocean Cruises 6*
PEOPLECONQUEST, a Human Resources National Company in ongoing expansion, is currently recruiting Waiter for an international 6* deluxe Cruise Company with the following profile:
- Responsible for all food and service related issues in his/her assigned station of responsibility and guest satisfaction
- Ensure all Hotel Operations functions are carried out in compliance with the line’s Environmental Compliance Plan (ECP).
- The Waiter/Waitress reports directly to his/her section Assistant Restaurant Manager/Manageress or Supervisor, as directed by the Restaurant Manager/Manageress.
- Learn the standards by meeting the relevant restaurant company standard procedures.
- Learn the regulations and procedures of’ the United States Public Health/United Kingdom Public Health and adhere to these standards, at all times.
- Have a thorough knowledge of ships daily activities.
- Responsible for helping to achieve the yearly goal for the bar scores in the guest comment cards.
- Learn names of the guests in, his/her section (tables).
- Responsible for cleanliness and the upkeep of his/her own MISC En Place.
- The Waiter/Waitress will be aware of any special requests and dietary requirements that his/her passengers may require.
- The Waiter/Waitress will serve his/her passengers to the highest standards set by the company.
- Perform various duties to include embarkation duties, afternoon teas, and Captains cocktail parties buffet breakfast/lunch service duties, in addition to the normal restaurant duties.
- Must be flexible with working hours and cleaning duties and any other duties as requested by the Assistant maitre d’hotel. Additional duties include collecting hotel stores, wheel chairs duties and baggage duties.
- Attends various training session with the aim to further improve his/her level of performance.
- Attends daily menu briefings in regards of our daily menus
- Learn and implement standards of the ship by meeting the relative standards of the restaurant he/she will be assigned to.
- Strives to a minimize breakage and wastage and follows proper procedures when disposing of garbage.
- Helps to set up special events and functions as instructed by the ships management
- Preference should be given to candidates with:
- Diploma from a recognised apprenticeship program, or equivalent.
- At least two years of full time working experience on a four or five star (or similar grade) hotel/restaurant, in the addition of catering college, catering to an international clientele or Previous experience from another Cruise Line
- Restaurant experience combined with good attitude, willingness to learn, good presentation and English language skills.
- Requires the knowledge of all aspects of good quality restaurant service.
- Preferably some shipboard related working experience
- Working experience with international clientele
- Must be self disciplined and be able to communicate with the guest and other departments.
- Must be a self motivated person with an eye for detail
- Should always have the ambition for promotion
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and see to the completion to the task assigned
- Must be a good time keeper
- Will be required to lift and carry large trays with plates and crockery from galley to restaurant stations
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (185)
- Beauty Jobs (67)
- Casino Jobs (65)
- Child Care Jobs (32)
- Deck Jobs (108)
- Engine Jobs (185)
- Entertainment Jobs (186)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (785)
- Guest Services Jobs (112)
- IT Jobs (10)
- Land Based Jobs (154)
- Management Jobs (67)
- Medical Jobs (25)
- Office Jobs (79)
- Photography Jobs (32)
- Retail Jobs (54)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (56)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (26)
- Other Jobs (34)