Fleet Nurse - Cruise Shorebased
I am currently working with leading Cruise company, and have an exciting opportunity for a Cruise Nurse to join the Head Office team as a Maternity Cover placement.
As Fleet Nurse you will be a key member of the Medical Shorebased team. You will have considerable influence on the Medical Shipboard Operations, using your developed knowledge to guide the seagoing team.
You will enjoy a varied role, with responsibilities including providing training to the onboard medical team, medical purchasing, assisting the Shorebased Doctors, and advising the onboard team with guidance on managing medical matters on the ships.
You will ensure that medical procedures are kept in date with current 'best practice' and audit standards, and ensure that medical and public health updates are researched to ensure that standards are in constant improvement throughout the fleet.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working on Cruise Ships as a Nurse (at least 2 years experience)
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a qualified Medical Practitioner
- Clinical experience in Emergency Medicine, General Practice and Maritime Medicine
- Up to date knowledge of international medical and public health guidelines
- Fluent English language skills
- Good computer skills (Word / Excel / Powerpoint)
- The existing right to live and work in the UK is required for this position
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to experience a shorebased Head Office role with a leading Cruise company, and to gain important knowledge of the operational management of a leading company.
To find out more please email your CV to hidden link - please login, or call me for a confidential chat +44 (0)23 8020 8771.