Desktop Publisher - Oceania Cruises
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Oceania Cruises, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. Our onboard staff is meticulously trained in the art of Signature Service and share a wealth of knowledge, talent and experience in the cruise industry. They are dedicated to exceeding the expectations of our guests onboard.
ABOUT OCEANIA CRUISES
Formed in 2002, Oceania Cruises is the world’s largest upper premium cruise line. The Finest Cuisine at Sea, Destination Immersion Specialists and Intimate & Luxurious Ships are the pillars that define Oceania Cruises’ five-star product, positioning the line as the cruise company of choice for travelers seeking a truly refined and casually elegant travel experience. Featuring a fleet of six (6) warm and luxurious ships, Oceania Cruises offers an unrivaled vacation experience renowned for its gourmet culinary program inspired by Master Chef Jacques Pépin and its array of destination-rich itineraries spanning the globe. Seasoned world travelers are drawn to Oceania Cruises’ diverse voyages, which call on more than 330 ports across Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, the South Pacific and the Americas.
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Coordinates, produces and ensures quality control of daily newsletter and TV guide.- incl advertisements, biographies and other special inserts for production shows etc
- Coordinates, produces and ensures quality control of all written onboard communications from various departments (Welcome letters, butler reservation letters, smoking policy letters, concierge letters, personalized suite stationary, Chef Welcome letters, fitness schedules, art flyers etc)
- Produces Destination Services material and port information
- Prints of Team Talk daily USA news
- Edits and produces the Grand Dining Room, Lunch, Dinner and Dessert menu as well as Terrace Café Lunch menus, opening hours signs and preview menus
- Produces and creates all onboard signs in a uniform and consistent way as required
- Gathers details for the daily newsletter such as weather forecasts and updated port information
- Coordinates and produces DVD lists
- Updates and prints the onboard Wine List
- Takes minutes at General Manager meetings
- Prints mid-cruise comment cards
- Prints the crew newsletter and crew itinerary schedules
- Assists Purser office with passport handouts or other projects when required
- Orders printing supplies through Hotel Inventory Controller
- Performs all other duties as requested by supervisor or as listed in SOP Manual
- Responsible for maintaining adequate printing inventory at all times
- Ensuring minimal waste of supplies
- Trains new desktop publishers;
- Trains, coaches and leads crew to consistently superior levels of performance;
- Communicates standards of performance to employees;
- Ensures adherence to the company defined appraisal system;
- Creates and maintains a positive work environment;
- Models excellent leadership behavior;
- Fosters teamwork within all departments onboard;
- Promotes, participates in and actively suggests enhancements of the Signature Service program.
- Will participate in crew and passenger safety drills according to instructions from ship’s command;
- Comply with company safety and pollution prevention regulations
- Advanced working knowledge of all programs within the Adobe Creative Suite and the Microsoft Office Suite is a must.
- Fluency on PC platform with Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Office PowerPoint software
- Associates degree in graphic design and 2+ years’ experience required
- Previous work experience and certification in graphic works
- Familiarity with the Cruise industry preferred
- Must have a strong understanding of corporate branding and brand guidelines to ensure that design solutions meet brand standards and requirements (style, structure, tone, etc.)
- Strong design, understanding of visual hierarchy on a printed page, typography and photo-retouching skills
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication skills.
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Outgoing personality, open minded and flexible
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to work in an international environment;
- Ability to live in close quarters and share limited space with other cabin-mates
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a pleasant working environment
- Excellent appearance
- To be able to meet all pre joining requirements.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE HOLDINGS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Oceania Cruises’ policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (70)
- Beauty Jobs (54)
- Casino Jobs (19)
- Child Care Jobs (21)
- Deck Jobs (39)
- Engine Jobs (89)
- Entertainment Jobs (131)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (460)
- Guest Services Jobs (71)
- IT Jobs (5)
- Land Based Jobs (115)
- Management Jobs (30)
- Medical Jobs (10)
- Office Jobs (56)
- Photography Jobs (20)
- Retail Jobs (47)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (32)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (15)
- Other Jobs (16)