GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and committed to being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation. As you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family.
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 51-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 15 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Norwegian offers unique and exciting itineraries in all areas of the world, including The Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, Mexican Riviera, Hawaii, Europe, South America, Canada & New England, Panama Canal, Alaska, Asia, Australia and New Zealand Recently, Norwegian was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. What are you waiting for? A shipboard career with Norwegian Cruise Line can take you Aboard and Beyond!
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Training Specialist oversees ship training function. Conducts general training courses including but not limited to Hospitality, Company Orientation, Ship Familiarization, Management Training, and Customer Service Training. Responsible for all related record keeping.
- Conducts training for all generally applicable courses. Such courses include Company Orientation, Ship Familiarization, New Supervisor/Manager Training, and Hospitality and Service.
- Responsible for oversight of onboard training budget and supplies, including all individual computer-based classes.
- Works independently to conduct training, following corporate lesson plans. Works collaboratively with ship management to determine needs and create schedules. Trains and influences all levels of management.
- Conducts training sessions using a variety of training methods and styles to maximize training effectiveness.
- Coordinates a group of departmental trainers to ensure completion of job specific Position Based Training (PBT).
- Utilizes Adult Learning Theory to ensure retention and transfer of learning.
- Develops specialized coursework with the approval and direction of shore side Learning and Development.
- Troubleshoots technical issues or seeks technical support in order to deliver training.
- Maintains accurate training records in the company system of records, MAPS.
- Sets optimum schedule for learners while guaranteeing limited impact on ship operations and the needs of the business.
- Resolves schedule conflicts by negotiating with management, learner and training services.
- Works with a number of onboard managers and crew members to facilitate the Vacation Hero recognition program. Works with guidance of onboard management to conduct recognition meetings.
- This position will be required to work assignments both onboard and at the company’s pre-deployment centers on a rotational basis or as needed by the company.
- Trains between 900 – 1600 active crew members.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of two years of training and/or teaching experience in a business setting is required. Prior training experience in the hospitality industry is preferred.
- Advanced level of English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge and skills in typing and MS Office Suite software, especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, are required.
- Bachelor’s degree (US system) or foreign equivalent in adult teaching/training/development or a related field is required.
- Teaching certificate or trainer certification from a recognized educational institution and/or ESL Certification is preferred.
- Position-specific STCW training from an accredited educational institution is required.
- Must be able to lead by example
- High ethical standards
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- Able to excel in a multi-cultural environment
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (70)
- Beauty Jobs (54)
- Casino Jobs (19)
- Child Care Jobs (21)
- Deck Jobs (38)
- Engine Jobs (89)
- Entertainment Jobs (130)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (460)
- Guest Services Jobs (71)
- IT Jobs (5)
- Land Based Jobs (115)
- Management Jobs (28)
- Medical Jobs (10)
- Office Jobs (56)
- Photography Jobs (20)
- Retail Jobs (47)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (32)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (15)
- Other Jobs (16)