GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and committed to being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation. As you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family.
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 51-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 15 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Norwegian offers unique and exciting itineraries in all areas of the world, including The Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, Mexican Riviera, Hawaii, Europe, South America, Canada & New England, Panama Canal, Alaska, Asia, Australia and New Zealand Recently, Norwegian was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. What are you waiting for? A shipboard career with Norwegian Cruise Line can take you Aboard and Beyond!
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Portrait Artist is to operate a standalone portrait studio specializing in premium photography services. To drive businesses forward and continually look for ways to improve revenues and customer service. Operate separately from the regular photo team, but also comply with all shipboard regulations and duties. Photo shoots to take place both onboard the ship and shore-side at agreed locations.
Post production using Adobe software programs, and on-line ordering of specific products is completed each cruise by the Portrait Artist. Photography seminars, sales demonstrations and guest consultations are all part of the Portrait Artists duties onboard. Portrait Artist must be able to demonstrate a wide range of portraiture and candid photography skills under studio and natural light conditions. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Work with Photo Manager to maximize schedule and opportunities
- To meet and exceed company set goals for performance and revenue
- To ensure all onboard advertising and promotional material is within company brand guidelines
- To be responsible for maintaining of all equipment and working areas. Regularly clean and test cameras and lenses to ensure full working conditions. Communicate immediately to Photo Manager and Head Office if any problems occur.
- All sample images and product displays to be kept in excellent condition and displayed as per guidelines.
- Participate in daily desk hours at various locations around the ship, to promote Perspectives program
- During Embarkation process – to host a display and promotional desk at an agreed location, for new passengers to learn about the program. Slide show to be playing at Welcome presentation.
- Perspectives Photographer will take full responsibility for the equipment and hardware supplied by the company.
- Maintain a “Sample” folder on the desktop to keep good samples in, for future training or promotional purposes.
- To complete and submit the end-of-cruise reports and analysis to the shoreside operations team and ships management as required.
- Maintain equipment and studio inventory and provide Photo Manager end of cruise counts.
- Receive and unload stores and process paperwork as required
- To work within the ship’s team structure and complete required safety training and security duties as determined by the ships officers and the Photo Manager.
- Conduct training on basic policies and procedures of Perspectives program to rest of photo team so that a good working knowledge of the operation is attained and understood.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, photography software) is required.
- One year experience in portrait photography and sales is required.
- Basic to Intermediate level of knowledge and experience with Lightroom, Adobe Photo Shop and ProSelect are required.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or foreign equivalent from a recognized educational institution is preferred. Relevant experience may substitute for this educational requirement at an equivalent rate
- To be able to operate without supervision in the studio
- To produce high quality impact images
- To demonstrate and maintain the required standard of work relevant to all guest demographics, (families, children, couples)
- To demonstrate competency in the use of computer software programs
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (209)
- Beauty Jobs (65)
- Casino Jobs (48)
- Child Care Jobs (24)
- Deck Jobs (83)
- Engine Jobs (146)
- Entertainment Jobs (144)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (755)
- Guest Services Jobs (96)
- IT Jobs (11)
- Land Based Jobs (132)
- Management Jobs (55)
- Medical Jobs (31)
- Office Jobs (92)
- Photography Jobs (20)
- Retail Jobs (41)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (35)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (25)
- Other Jobs (20)