GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family.
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China;
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- The Lighting Technician is responsible for the basic maintenance, repair and operation of Entertainment Lighting Systems for all shows. The technician will also perform preventive maintenance & basic repair on lighting systems, while assisting other technicians with scenery changovers and maintenance.
- Maintain the lighting design as set by the design teams & Norwegian Cruise Line.
- In the event that production show lighting design needs to be modified for operational circumstances, notes must be taken so that the show can be returned to the original lighting design.
- Assist with all scenic changeovers and ensures they are completed in a safe and timely manner.
- Design and program a professional high standard lighting for cabaret/variety entertainers, charter clients, shows, (such as Comedian, Magician, Singers etc.)
- Maintain up to date auditable inventory of all entertainment as requested by Technical Supervisor.
- Performs maintenance testing and basic troubleshooting of lighting rig prior to show time and inform Technical Supervisor/Entertainment Production Manager of any malfunction.
- Creates and maintains detailed and accurate Tracking Sheets to Technical Supervisor and/or Entertainment Production Manager.
- Pyrotechnic Lead
- Keep all records of on-board and offloaded product.
- Order all products for the next voyage.
- Manifest off all of the previous week’s pyro storage containers, misfires, and unfired devices.
- Test and Fire all shows in the manner as they were designed by the production team.
- Partner with the Bridge and Security to provide a safe and secure environment in which to operate the show.
- In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS / ATTRIBUTES
- Two years experience running lights in a theatrical setting or four years experience in various venues such as ships, theatres clubs.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Musical theatre productions, backstage operations and safe rigging practices.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of moving lights programming and design including Various Martin Products. (for example Mac600, Mac2k, Mac250krypton, Mac500, MAC TW1) Various laser systems including Pangolin. Various High End products (for example DL1, catalyst etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of various light systems which include Martin Maxxyz Compact, Light Jockey, Maxxyz PC, Mac 2000, Mac III, Mac 250, 550,101,301, Seachangers, Color scrollers, High-end DL1’s, various Lasers, Dataton Watch out systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of Audio systems.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Associates Degree in Technical Theatre or a related field of study
- Appropriate vocational/technical training and/or experience may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required degree.
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell.
- All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (202)
- Beauty Jobs (71)
- Casino Jobs (38)
- Child Care Jobs (30)
- Deck Jobs (94)
- Engine Jobs (154)
- Entertainment Jobs (176)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (815)
- Guest Services Jobs (112)
- IT Jobs (16)
- Land Based Jobs (134)
- Management Jobs (57)
- Medical Jobs (24)
- Office Jobs (84)
- Photography Jobs (32)
- Retail Jobs (62)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (44)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (23)
- Other Jobs (30)