GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family.
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China;
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Broadcast Technician is responsible for the total operation of the Broadcast Center, as well as the recording of various passenger events around the ship.
- All equipment used by the Broadcast Technician and the television programming equipment kept in the Broadcast Center, are the sole responsibility of the Broadcast Technician.
- The Broadcast Technician is in charge of the complete operation of the Broadcast Center aboard their assigned vessel.
- Working closely with the Cruise Director and/or Entertainment Director, the Broadcast Technician should record all events that include guest participation as scheduled in the Freestyle Daily. This includes but is not limited to: Theme Nights, Standard Shopping Talks, Gift Shop Walkthroughs, Sail Away Party, Welcome Aboard Department Head Introductions, Game Shows, Officer Profiles, etc.
- The Broadcast Technician must produce approved content for shoreside when requested. Any request for production of content that has not been approved by shoreside, is not to be produced by the Broadcast Technicians. Please reference the Broadcast Content Approval/Production Policy.
- The Technician must work together with the Communications Officer to ensure that the satellite is obtaining the correct televised feed, that the correct coordinates are set, and that the signal is stable.
- The Broadcast Technician is responsible for updating the information channel daily (Scala or PowerPoint) as well as scheduling Passenger and Crew Movies to be shown on the broadcast channels.
- Every three months the Broadcast Technician must supply an up-to-date complete inventory of all BCC equipment to the Technical Supervisor for filing as well as the Broadcast Systems Supervisor in Miami.
- All video productions that are produced by the Broadcast Technician during his/her contract period are the property of NCL and are not to be reproduced at any time unless the NCL Miami office grants permission.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of two years’ experience in TV, broadcasting industry or equivalent in the Cruise industry is required.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of the following programs is required: Microsoft Office, Final Cut Studio & Adobe Photoshop.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of both Windows and MAC operating systems are required.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of HD/SD Broadcast Systems, Mini-DV camera systems (e.g.: Sony PD-170 Camera, etc.) and video deck operation (e.g.: Sony HDV deck) is required.
- Must supply a demo reel of previous documented video productions.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Associates degree or foreign equivalent in Media Arts, Film, Entertainment Studies, or other similar discipline is preferred.
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Able to work 7 days a week
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (68)
- Beauty Jobs (54)
- Casino Jobs (18)
- Child Care Jobs (18)
- Deck Jobs (40)
- Engine Jobs (95)
- Entertainment Jobs (113)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (468)
- Guest Services Jobs (72)
- IT Jobs (5)
- Land Based Jobs (115)
- Management Jobs (28)
- Medical Jobs (10)
- Office Jobs (56)
- Photography Jobs (20)
- Retail Jobs (46)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (32)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (15)
- Other Jobs (16)