2nd Sanitation Steward
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and committed being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation. As you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family.
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 51-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 15 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Norwegian offers unique and exciting itineraries in all areas of the world, including The Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, Mexican Riviera, Hawaii, Europe, South America, Canada & New England, Panama Canal, Alaska, Asia, Australia and New Zealand Recently, Norwegian was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. What are you waiting for? A shipboard career with Norwegian Cruise Line can take you Aboard and Beyond!
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Second Sanitation Steward compliance to company rules and regulations associated with Public Health and the daily operation of the utility galley and dish wash/pot wash operations. This position is responsible for maintaining catering equipment properly and the overall cleaning of all food contact items, equipment and the catering area facilities. This position maintains the highest levels of sanitation and hygiene of the F&B catering operation.
- Supervising of all utility galley crew who perform daily operations such as dishwashing, pot-washing, restocking of the service line with plates and crockeries, deck & bulkhead cleaning and maintenance, paper towel and soap restocking and the overall cleanliness of all the galleys including the crew galley, specialty restaurant galleys, lido galley and the main galley. Ensure reasonable and proper manning of each station during hours of operation.
- Maintain proper operational effectiveness and keep the operation running smoothly, safely, and effectively.
- Ensure reasonable and proper manning of each dish wash and pot wash station during hours of operation as necessary.
- Assists the Sanitation Supervisor with training of new crew in all aspects of Norwegian Cruise Line public health and USPH/FDA requirements.
- Must be familiar with and active in the Safety and Environmental Management System (SEMS) including his/her responsibility in the safety organization according to the Crew Emergency Plan and Station Bill.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the approved cleaning chemicals and products and applies these products correctly to ensure all items, areas, equipment and general furnishings are clean and sanitized and in sound condition
- Recognizes any equipment failures and reports to the Sanitation Supervisor accordingly.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written level of English is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of MAPS, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Fidelio is required.
- One year experience with high volume food and beverage operations is required.
- One year experience implementing and setting up cleaning schedules is required.
- One year experience establishing and maintaining proper inventories of cleaning chemicals is required.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Consistently communicates with tact and diplomacy at all levels
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (88)
- Beauty Jobs (63)
- Casino Jobs (36)
- Child Care Jobs (34)
- Deck Jobs (47)
- Engine Jobs (95)
- Entertainment Jobs (130)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (571)
- Guest Services Jobs (95)
- IT Jobs (8)
- Land Based Jobs (89)
- Management Jobs (38)
- Medical Jobs (15)
- Office Jobs (61)
- Photography Jobs (22)
- Retail Jobs (45)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (43)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (17)
- Other Jobs (12)