GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and committed being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation. As you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 51-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 15 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Norwegian offers unique and exciting itineraries in all areas of the world, including The Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, Mexican Riviera, Hawaii, Europe, South America, Canada & New England, Panama Canal, Alaska, Asia, Australia and New Zealand Recently, Norwegian was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. What are you waiting for? A shipboard career with Norwegian Cruise Line can take you Aboard and Beyond!
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Storekeeper’s primary responsibility is to maintain all food, chinaware, glassware, hollowware/flatware and table linen stores. This includes the organizing, receiving and issuing from these areas, ensuring accurate inventory counts and par levels, and helping to identify cost and expense reductions.
- Coordinates the day-to-day activities for the Provisions area and for the Assistant Storekeeper and Utility Stores, which includes but is not limited to: ordering, receiving, inspections, stock rotation, storing, inventory schedules and inventory issuances.
- Maintains organized and clean storerooms that are properly labeled, and product is protected and safeguarded.
- Prepare storerooms for new inventory to be received. Stock stores according to USPH and safety standards.
- Rotates product in stores in accordance to first-in-first-out (FIFO) system and also by expiration dates.
- Assists with preparing external orders of food, chinaware, glassware, hollowware, flatware, and table linen for the Provision Master.
- Supervises receiving and inspection of inventories for conformity with Norwegian specifications, quantity and quality as per order.
- Assists with validating invoices based off of received orders.
- Produces and distributes a Loading Variance Report based on discrepancies between the items ordered and internal regulations.
- Receives and stores all related inventory according to company procedures, as well as, governmental and internal regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a Storekeeper or Food and Beverage Storeroom Attendant for a high volume multi-outlet food and beverage operation, or previous shipboard experience in the same position is required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with vendors and suppliers as well as inspecting products for quality and adherence to specifications is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio Cruise, Micros), including an Inventory Control Management system is required.
- Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Training Course Certificates in the areas of USPH, safety, environmental, public health and sanitation regulations and procedures from a recognized educational institution are required.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (182)
- Beauty Jobs (69)
- Casino Jobs (47)
- Child Care Jobs (32)
- Deck Jobs (101)
- Engine Jobs (204)
- Entertainment Jobs (185)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (730)
- Guest Services Jobs (105)
- IT Jobs (12)
- Land Based Jobs (101)
- Management Jobs (60)
- Medical Jobs (27)
- Office Jobs (72)
- Photography Jobs (28)
- Retail Jobs (48)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (49)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (22)
- Other Jobs (28)