An AWESOME Clearance Officer (2nd Purser Admin) For A 5* Cruise Liner - NOW!!!
Hello!! I hope you are well and having a SUPER day.
I am really DELIGHTED to be able to present a BRAND NEW OPPORTUNITY for your review. I hope you don't mind me sharing the OPPORTUNITY, I just wanted to ensure you DON'T MISS OUT.
Here are the GREAT BITS:
- Role: Clearance Officer - 2nd Purser Admin
- With: A 5* Cruise Line - AWESOME
- Website: On application
- Salary: $2700.00US per worked month
- Rotation: 6 months on / 2 months off
- Berthing: Shared accommodation with one other
- Start date: SOON!
- Required: Full STCW's taken from a shoreside training centre (sorry shipboard taken STCW's won't be embraced), a US C1D visa (refunded) and medical (refunded)
- Required: On application please send your last 2 evaluations for review thanks
STCW includes the following certificate requirements:
- BST Part 1: Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting (STCW Reg VI/1 para 1 & Sec A-VI/1 para 2.1.2)
- BST Part 2: Personal Survival Techniques (STCW Reg VI/1 para 1 & Sec A-VI/1 para 2.1.1)
- BST Part 3: Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities (STCW Reg VI/1 para 1 & Sec A-VI/1 para 2.1.4)
- BST Part 4: Elementary First Aid (STCW Reg VI/1 para 1 & Sec A-VI/1 para 2.1.3
- Crowd Management Training (STCW A-V/2)
- Certificate of Proficiency in Security Awareness (STCW Reg VI/6, Para 1 & sec A-VI/6 para 4)
- Crisis Management and Human Behaviour (STCW reg V/2, para 6 & Sec A-V/2 para 3)
- Facilitates prompt processing of legal documents (guest manifest; crew list) with port authorities by preparing required paperwork.
- Responsible for all clearance related matters and communication with port agents.
- Assisting the Chief Purser for Clearance of vessel for crew & Passenger on arrival into port and departure.
- Responsible for any Crew and Passenger medical disembarks in cooperation with the Medical team, support from HR and Chief Purser.
- Maintenance of Crew & Passenger manifests for on board safety regulations and International requirements (i.e. Shore passes etc.)
- Diligent completion of signing off and on process for all crew members in MXP with the support of the HR Manager.
- Assisting the Crew Purser by organizing ground arrangements for any signing On/Off crew members.
- Ensure vessel distribution via mail of Crew & Passenger manifest information.
- Ensure that all passports (Crew & Passenger) hold valid visas and updating this info in MXP.
- Ensure crew Seaman's Books are completed with proper embarkation dates.
- Ensure that all equipment for check-in is proper charged and ready to use on embarkation day.
- Active participation in onboard training programs.
- Additional duties, not mentioned here, will be expected as per management request.
YOU the GREAT Candidate
- Knowledge of Clearance and Visa requirements in international waters for both crew & passengers.
- A minimum of two years' experience in the Pursers department on board a vessel.
- Fluent English language, written and spoken. Additional language is an advantage.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Computer knowledge (MSWord, Excel. Outlook) MXP is an advantage
- International experience / shipboard experience is required
- Ability to work independently, positive, approachable personality, professional appearance, excellent communication skills.
- Flexible and stress resistant, team player, shows commitment
If this really great opportunity is for you and you match the requested work history and background for the role, please send me your up to date and professional CV.
Kindly ensure it has all of your contact details clearly listed with the correct telephone numbers on too!
I am here to help should you have any questions and I look forward to supporting your application. Should you need to contact me at any time, please feel free.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.