Utility Galley - Pride of America
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and committed being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation. As you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 15 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Norwegian offers unique and exciting itineraries in all areas of the world, including The Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, Mexican Riviera, Hawaii, Europe, South America, Canada & New England, Panama Canal, Alaska, Asia, Australia and New Zealand Recently, Norwegian was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. What are you waiting for? A shipboard career with Norwegian Cruise Line can take you Aboard and Beyond!
Target Assignment: Norwegian Cruise Line US-flagged vessel the Pride of America
*** PLEASE READ PRIOR TO COMPLETING THE APPLICATION***
PER UNITED STATES COAST GUARD REGULATIONS, CREW MEMBERS ONBOARD THE PRIDE OF AMERICA MUST BE UNITED STATES CITIZENS OR PERMANENT RESIDENTS RESIDENT ALIENS (GREEN CARD HOLDERS). FAILURE TO MEET THIS REQUIREMENT WILL AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFY YOU FOR EMPLOYEMENT CONSIDERATION ONBOARD THE PRIDE OF AMERICA.
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ensures proper and efficient cleaning and sanitation of assigned area (i.e.: pot washer, glass washer, dish washer, garbage room, et al) within the hotel operation, according to the United States Public Health regulations. This position is also charged with ensuring that the assigned area is stocked and re-stocked to ensure that the galley staff always has the tools and utensils the guests require. Assists in the set up and break-down of special events, as needed.
- Ensures that the assigned galley area is stocked and re-stocked with clean and sanitized supplies and utensils. Responsible for maintaining clean and organized work area.
- Responsible for the safe, accurate and temperature-controlled storage of all products and supplies.
- Operates the dishwashers in the assigned work area, and coordinates with the maintenance department if they are not working properly.
- Supports staff to maintain the food and service schedule of the assigned galley area.
- Assists in the set-up and break-down of special events as instructed by management.
- Ensures that all cleaning supplies are stocked and available at the beginning of each work shift.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS / ATTRIBUTES
- Advance level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a utility galley/kitchen steward or similar area in a hotel or ship operation.
- Proactive, team player, problem solver.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
- High School Diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- The U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) requires all crew members employed with NCL America aboard the Pride of America to hold a Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC). In order to qualify for a MMC, applicants must demonstrate specific physical abilities necessary to perform shipboard duties per USCG guidelines (COMPDTPUB 16700.4 NVIC 04-8). Shall have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40.0 or less. Blood Pressure as per USCG a maximum 160/100.
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENT FOR ALL APPLICANTS
- You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and qualify for a U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC) as well as a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC).
- In order to qualify for an MMC you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien
- Pass Physical Exam/Drug Screen
- Have a Reasonably Clear Background
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (71)
- Beauty Jobs (36)
- Casino Jobs (39)
- Child Care Jobs (21)
- Deck Jobs (84)
- Engine Jobs (149)
- Entertainment Jobs (145)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (427)
- Guest Services Jobs (70)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (122)
- Management Jobs (31)
- Medical Jobs (21)
- Office Jobs (50)
- Photography Jobs (22)
- Retail Jobs (38)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (35)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (20)
- Other Jobs (20)